Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Mobile Sandblasting
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
When you guys do a frame, do you try and sand blast the inside of the openings or just price for the exterior finish? On this frame I tried to blast as much as I could get to. The undercoating was a bear to get off in some places.. As for Pools, I am in Indiana not Florida... Not to many pools around, hotels maybe. I will postmark with them. Is there someone who can help out me out if I land a pool. I will need you knowledge!!! After blasting the frame, I hit on it with a rubber mallot and dumped out what may have blown inthere.

·
Banned
574 Posts
Set a price for frames. Start at $150 that is for 45 minutes of work. If you have a 375 compressor that is what it will take you to do a simple standard frame i.e. 57 chev. That is if you know how to work and you are self employed. If you have employees 500$ sounds about right. My thing is if you are self employed why not charge the 500$ and keep the money instead of trying to be the cheap guy. If you are willing to work a full time job get paid better for your part time job. I learned this the hard way

·
Registered
1 Posts
Frame pricing

New to this site...you being the first post. I am trying to establish a part time sandblasting business here in New Mexico....doing frames etc same as you. I was curious as to your set up. What kind of equipment are you using? Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Ernie: Welcome to ContractorTalk! Head on over to the Introductions forum and let us know something about you and your business.

If you check out the post before yours, you'll see that it has a date, just above the user name, of 2008. So you've awakened a dead thread, AKA created a zombie. Most of the "similar threads" you see at the bottom of a typical C.T. thread are old ones. I've clicked on those many times and created zombies, so, welcome to the club!

No reason you can't go and start your own thread in this forum. If you don't find a recent thread on the subject, click on New Topic and ask the question.

Again, welcome to C.T.

·
Registered
100 Posts
question for mobile sand blasting. When you guys blast on a mobile site is there much of a mess to clean up as far as glass or other materials

·
Mobile Sandblasting
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
It depends on how messy and flaking the material comes off. I usually just air hose blow everything into the grass. If lots of paint flakes, I'll clean them up.

·
Registered
100 Posts
kind of what i was thinking. My buddy has a ingersoll rand 185 that i was thinking about getting and was just curious if its a pita to set up a pot on one? Figured if I had the air compressor it would be cool to play around with it

21 - 28 of 28 Posts