Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
General Contractor
8,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas good morning to all the working class! :thumbsup:

Have a quick question about Zuri Premium Decking. Have a customer call me asking to do a refacing using this material.

I never heard about it until today, so just trying to find out if anyone worked with this stuff and what you think about it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Not sure if this helps, but since no one else has chimed in. I had a sample of Zuri in my hand the other day. Beautiful looking, stood out from all the rest by far. Thicker than other composites. Very expensive, put it down once I found out the price.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
I have a sample in the shop really pretty stuff. but you know me and my rooftops that chit doesn't work in less then 12" of ht. I think it was about $5.25 more then ipe but again really nice looking stuff. Price it have a back up incase they get sticker shock. At they end of the day they have there warranties and you have your in your contract. :thumbsup:

·
John Hyatt
3,658 Posts
The picture of wood on the product is real looking for sure. Repetitive designed will show up like stamped concrete. But unlike creet it would not take much of a scratch to show the light color inside. How to fix that scratch .... ?

I am interested in the seal stick they were using on the end cuts. Does this just color up the exposed area or is it needed to keep water from sucking up and expanding the product.

JonMon www.deckmastersllc.com

·
Registered
20 Posts
Zuri is really nice stuff, but as mentioned, expensive and install is a bit of a pain. The surface is extremely durable, much more scratch resistant than std PVC decking. The end coat is simply a Sherwin Williams color matched paint in a bingo style board marker. It's not needed to seal the end of the board, but does a really nice job concealing the end color.

Camo hidden fasteners are the only approved install method. You can also use a limited amount of color matched screws, but the majority is camo.

The 2" thick trim cap looks really nice and well proportioned, but makes install of stairs take quite a bit longer as well as 1/3 more material.

I really like the product, hard to get a customer to pay for it though with the available high quality capped comps and PVC products. Also check with your building official, Zuri doesn't have all ICC testing yet.

·
Talking Head
5,388 Posts
Zuri looks great but the price, coupled with Camo for the install, makes it crazy expensive. I can't imagine using it for a redeck, a new frame wouldn't add much to the price it will be high no matter what.

·
Registered
15,259 Posts
Zuri looks great but the price, coupled with Camo for the install, makes it crazy expensive. I can't imagine using it for a redeck, a new frame wouldn't add much to the price it will be high no matter what.
I agree, nice product with a fat price tag. Should be easy to resell some framing at that point.....At least joists....

·
Registered
255 Posts
We used it on 1 job 2 years ago, it moves A LOT. The butt joint moved 3/16" over night, the miters stay tight when you used the 2p-10 and pvc glue as per directions. We had to go back and replace some snapped screws last summer due to movement.

The center was white, so every camo screw you see it. The color matched screws around the perimeter also show the white a little. They need a cortex system and better hidden fastener system IMO.

Good looking stuff though, can't deny that. It's also numbered 1-4 so you can stagger patterns on the boards which was nice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts