Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to an auction to-day and ended up with 11 zip wall poles. It was a large auction at a local tool rental so they grouped lots and really ran through things. Can these poles be used for anything else besides holding up plastic for walls? Figure I'll just resell half these poles now unless I can find more things to do with them. Thanks

·
Registered
943 Posts
Millar said:
Went to an auction to-day and ended up with 11 zip wall poles. It was a large auction at a local tool rental so they grouped lots and really ran through things. Can these poles be used for anything else besides holding up plastic for walls? Figure I'll just resell half these poles now unless I can find more things to do with them. Thanks
I use them to hold up long runs of crown molding, when working solo.

·
Hack
3,011 Posts
I used one to hold formply in place to fill an unused six inch core hole with quickcrete.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
I would keep all 11, you never know!

I use mine a ton. Mostly for holding up plastic.

But also I've used them to string a line of temporary work lights through a house that you don't want to put holes in the ceiling. Just let the zip pole hold the wire to the ceiling.

I've used them for long crown runs too.

Dave

·
Registered
358 Posts
I have 15 of them now. On bigger remodels they really come in handy. I use them to hold up upper refer cabinets also. Mine hold 50-60 pounds each so those smaller cabinets are Np.

I suppose theyd really make RRP prep work easier too.

if you still want to sell 'em, PM me :thumbup:

·
Registered
669 Posts
I would keep them! Very handy when needed!

Has any-one done a service, parts thing with them? I have a pole the just will not loosen, or tighten? Just haven't had the time, during day time hours to call!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts