Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This job is my first chance to use this product. OSB with a waterproof coating. Tape the seams and your dried in. Nice stuff as far as I can see to date.:thumbup:

Attachments

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, getting ready to do one myself. Walls and roof. It will be interesting.

You don't actually walk across those planks do you?
They are just there for peace of mind. I'm well into the 200 club, so these feet are on aluminum planks or solid ground.:laughing:
A word of advice: Only put up what you can tape off, because the edges will swell if left to the weather.:thumbsup:

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Heard about it, haven't seen it though. Do you have a link? Or do I have to go through the hardship of Googling it. :laughing:

Looks nice though, what about the warranty? Is it still warrantied if you don't get the tape nice and straight like you?
Sorry, don't have the link. I think it's either a 25 or 30 year warranty. It's also got great exposure allowances, not sure of the number.

BTW,
That tape isn't quite as straight as the pics lead you to believe.:laughing:

·
Curmudgeon
11,706 Posts
Wait til Maxx gets here.
I think he was using that stuff
last year.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
You don't actually walk across those planks do you?
I was gonna ask the same thing:laughing:

Did you guys cut it right up on the roof on those horses? Looks like nice stuff, I just saw it at my local yard the other day. I'm deffinetly gonna try it out the next time I can. Seems like it would take some of the anziety out of trying to get a roof sheathed and tarpapered:laughing:

Dave

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was gonna ask the same thing:laughing:

Did you guys cut it right up on the roof on those horses? Looks like nice stuff, I just saw it at my local yard the other day. I'm deffinetly gonna try it out the next time I can. Seems like it would take some of the anziety out of trying to get a roof sheathed and tarpapered:laughing:

Dave
Dave, we did cut off of the horses for the majority of the roof due to the fact we sheathed over the existing roof deck, as well as build a firewall between the two buildings and frame a shed roof to allow for a fascia for a gutter system which did not exist originally. You can see the shed roof with torch down applied in the first pic. :thumbsup:

·
Pro
506 Posts
This job is my first chance to use this product. OSB with a waterproof coating. Tape the seams and your dried in. Nice stuff as far as I can see to date.:thumbup:
seen it on a couple of jobs. stopped and asked about it, was told it's cheaper than cdx sheathing, and is more stable (doesn't potato chip so much). good for doing dormers I'd say. is it any heavier than regular 3/4 cdx?

·
Design Build
8,262 Posts
Wait til Maxx gets here.
I think he was using that stuff
last year.

It's nice not to have to wrap the house. I like it.

Once sheathed and taped it's considered dried-in. Don't over drive the nails in the field or you'll have to tape over them.

And don't let the wall sheathing touch any horizontal surface that can pool water. The green stuff wicks like a mutha. The pic below is of a project up the mountain. The only thing that saved us on the wavy sheathing was the very irregular cedar shake siding.

Loneframer - looks tight as always.:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Jeff
1,485 Posts
Say you had a good sized roof and could only do half of it in a day, are the edges where you stop vulnerable to moisture? Do you just drop the tape over the edge to protect it til you get back on it?

·
Pro
506 Posts
i'd still put ice&water and felt on a roof decked with that before any shingles go down. same with the walls. call it being paranoid :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 93 Posts