Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question.
What site is set up as your homepage? Yahoo, Google, contractortalk.com ;)

Just wondering what people are looking for when they log on.

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To be honest theres a reason I'm asking this question.

I'm currently working on an upgrade to ContractorTalk.com.
Were going to give it an updated header with better graphics and intergrated Google search. Were also working on adding weather channel info and chat room (whos online) info on the sidebar of the main page.

Basically, I'm trying to figure out what it would take for you guys to make ContractorTalk.com your homepage.

Thoughts....

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
Convince my wife....good luck.

·
Back from the dead...
6,646 Posts
My homepage is currently just My MSN page, kinda like Grumpy's yahoo, got news, local weather, sports scores (when will my hockey be back??? :cry: ), etc.

On a side note, I notice a lot of websites that offer to let you download different toolbars. Does anyone know if I can download a Google toolbar, so I can have a google search box always on my desktop? I usually have to hit my favorites to get to it, thought it would be easier to have it right there all the time.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
I always wake up with things that I was thinking about and need to research before I forget them, that's why google....and pads w/pencils everywhere.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Be careful with the toolbars, some come with ad or spyware that can be difficult to remove.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Homepage?

Hey yal!
I'm often a creature of bad habits and I'm using the homepage from my first internet provider, I'm able to customize to the things I like most. Example, State and Local News, Weather and much more. I also have the google toolbar attached. Note on spyware, check out microsoft anti-spyware beta version. Its a free downdload it will scan and remove spyware or not, your choice. Is also got a feature called footprints, it will remove a list of things.
An I also just heard about a browser called Firefox, maybe worth looking into and its also free.
I would consider a contractor home page if it had some nice features and links!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts