Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Your Favorite Work Boot

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Red Wings have been very very good to me.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Chippawah's, or anything with an Indian on them.:laughing:

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
I know I'll get ripped for this but I only wear tennis shoes. If I'm sanding a floor then I'm in my socks, no joke. Shoes kill my feet.

Dave.
Pel,
Please don't start another thread asking what brand of pants one wears.:laughing:

·
...jammin
5,234 Posts
Tim's Pro Alloy Toe Power Fit

(img. courtesy Timberland)

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know I'll get ripped for this but I only wear tennis shoes. If I'm sanding a floor then I'm in my socks, no joke. Shoes kill my feet.

Dave.
I meant to put that in there, but forgot, there are days I do the same, but honestly, my feet can only take one day of tennis/gym shoes. If I work with them more than one day, my feet are killing me.

·
The Deck Guy
3,126 Posts
All I can say is anybody that wears Timberlands and voted for them has never been to a real Red Wing store where they scientifically fit you.

Yes, my Red Wings were over $200, but my feet have never felt better. I used to wear Timberlands...never, ever again.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Never had chippawas.

Never had red wings.

Had wolverines- ok boot.

Had Caterpillars- ok boot.

Had tims- good boot.

Have Danners- great boot. Big in the Pacific Northwest for construction and logging. Spendy though ($239).

I've been thinking about a pair of chips or Red wings, can anyone tell me how do they compare to Danners?

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Finding size 13W in anything is tough around here. Forcing your foot into anything smaller results in the ingrown tonail that I have to wait to get rid of. For now, I HAVE to wear flip flops or cut the toes out of perfectly good shoes.

Great excuse, eh? Until winter!

·
Registered
Custom cabinetry
9,178 Posts
Die hards... They are the most comfortable shoe I have ever had. And they last close to 2 years for me. Buddy of mine had redwings... lasted him 1.5 years and he paid 3X as much as I did.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Finding size 13W in anything is tough around here. Forcing your foot into anything smaller results in the ingrown tonail that I have to wait to get rid of. For now, I HAVE to wear flip flops or cut the toes out of perfectly good shoes.

Great excuse, eh? Until winter!
13W:w00t: You don't need to waste money on water ski's, you grew them under your ankles.:laughing:

·
4,617 Posts
I have three pairs of Red wings, two are boots of the same model (lace up steel toe) and a pair of model 101.

They are a "dress" shoe with a full non-slip sole and are the most comfortable shoe I own.

I've had to have the resoled 3 times, but its worth it.

Red wing no longer makes them. They do make the Dante, which is the same upper, but with a different (stepped heal) sole.

When I was in the field all the time, I would rotate my boots and only wear the same pair every other day. They are 12 years old and still are in great shape. Both pair have been resoled 2x.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ive got a pair of timberland pro's not sure what model anymore, they dont make it. But its a steel toe, lace to the toe, and you cant even tell its a steel toe. I agree redwings are top notch, better than timberlands on average probably. But this particular boot they did right.

·
Banned
1,539 Posts
I have a pair of timberland waterproof boots. I keep then in my jeep at all times. Because i never know what kind of weather i'm coming home to. They set me back like 125.00. Definately not cheap but are a solid boot.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Wear wolverines now, but used to wear the diehards until they didn't have the pull on boots in the store anymore. Wore RedWings before that until the price got out of hand. The new wolverines I bought though I don't like as well as the other ones I was able to get before.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts