Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
:tongue_smilie:

She will get over it as soon as she realizes ... this was indeed a necessary purchase. hehehehe

Bernie

·
Super Moderator
27,669 Posts
I think I might be in trouble now though
One way to avoid cold showers is to buy her something when you buy something. My wife likes concerts. Two tickets to a concert (one for a friend, I dont do concerts) and its all good. :thumbsup:

Or pull an Oconomowoc and show her a chart of your increased profits due to efficiency :thumbup:

·
Punching above his weight
10,852 Posts
I was waiting in line at the lumber yard yesterday and was checking out the TS55 that was near the counter. In a very angel/devil moment my brain was telling me no, but then, there on the counter were a dozen Darcy Warners staring at me via a spread out array of catalog covers hissing, "Yeeeeeessssssssssssssss!" at me.

Very surreal. I got my screws and left quickly before the Green gaze sucked a grand out of my checking account.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
I can help you with this one. We have a shoppe my wife loves, Mirror Mirror. It's a high end make up stuff shoppe that I take her to it unknowingly (she doesn't know that's the destination). I pull up, hand her a couple hundred and tell her I got the baby call me when you want me to pick you up. Game over.

·
stacker of sticks
8,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Or pull an Oconomowoc and show her a chart of your increased profits due to efficiency :thumbup:
Hahaha that's funny. I've actually doing very well this year, triple what I did last year. Last year sucked, so I think I've earned it.

I was waiting in line at the lumber yard yesterday and was checking out the TS55 that was near the counter. In a very angel/devil moment my brain was telling me no, but then, there on the counter were a dozen Darcy Warners staring at me via a spread out array of catalog covers hissing, "Yeeeeeessssssssssssssss!" at me.

Very surreal. I got my screws and left quickly before the Green gaze sucked a grand out of my checking account.
I've been fighting with myself for a year about festool. Even last week on here I was saying I wasn't going to buy any, and boom I buy one

·
Registered
Butcher of wood and metal
6,791 Posts
Did you really need our help getting into trouble?:laughing: Looks like you did a good job of it. Going to take some real sweet talking to get out of this one. :laughing: If we don't see you on for a while , we'll know the wife grounded you.

·
Super Moderator
27,669 Posts
My wife actually isnt privy to my company purchases. I pay myself a salary, which she takes :laughing: and when I pay myself a bonus (minus hunting expenses) she takes that :laughing:

Only time a company purchase caused her to get mad was this January. I added 1500 sq ft onto our shop. My dad built the first 1500 sq ft, I bought the second half. She noticed :whistling

I said "mind your business little lady....":thumbup::whistling:no:

She was a cold hearted school marm for a week..... then I got her some Taylor Swift tickets and a gift card to dinner. Said, im sorry I didn't consult you boss .....:rolleyes:

Better than cold showers :laughing:

·
Super Moderator
27,669 Posts
Hahaha that's funny. I've actually doing very well this year, triple what I did last year. Last year sucked, so I think I've earned it./QUOTE]

They want all that extra :laughing:

·
stacker of sticks
8,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Did you really need our help getting into trouble?:laughing: Looks like you did a good job of it. Going to take some real sweet talking to get out of this one. :laughing: If we don't see you on for a while , we'll know the wife grounded you.
This is the end of a week long spending spree. New occidental bags $270, Simpson quick drive $400, skil mag 77 $180, that shingle cutter thing $100, I spent over $200 on caulk guns and tapes, now a grand on this bad boy

·
Project Superintendent
2,525 Posts

Of course you know that it's not an accident that stuff is near the counter, where you have to wait, and look around, and think about stuff that you need.

·
stacker of sticks
8,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My wife actually isnt privy to my company purchases. I pay myself a salary, which she takes :laughing: and when I pay myself a bonus (minus hunting expenses) she takes that :laughing:

Only time a company purchase caused her to get mad was this January. I added 1500 sq ft onto our shop. My dad built the first 1500 sq ft, I bought the second half. She noticed :whistling

I said "mind your business little lady....":thumbup::whistling:no:

She was a cold hearted school marm for a week..... then I got her some Taylor Swift tickets and a gift card to dinner. Said, im sorry I didn't consult you boss .....:rolleyes:

Better than cold showers :laughing:
She's not really mad, I take care of her and our daughter pretty well. She always gives me the look though :laughing: but I've spent over 70k this year on tools and equipment, and it's proving to make me more money, so I'm going to keep it up :laughing: I hoping for a shop next year.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Tools are a business expense. You can write them off, so it's basically pre-tax money you're spending. Plus, if you pay yourself a salary, and keep business finances separate from personal finances, it didn't cost you a thing. This is why I don't like tools on the Christmas list. Then it comes out of the family budget.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts