Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Denver's Asphalt Pavers
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our company recently signed up with ReachLocal... Yodle (competitors of ReachLocal) contacted us as well and seem to have a more friendly marketing approach.

Has any of your companies worked with either or of the companies for online marketing / ppc management?

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Why not do your own PPC with G? Why pay somebody else for the 4 line ad?
For that matter, why not cruise over to Digital Point and read all the adsense posts about building sites so G will put ads on them?
Then see the threads where these site builders pay others to click on their adsense ads so they can collect their share of your PPC campaign?
Check out the guys that make sites to sign up folks so they can run your ad campaigns for you?
See how the contractors gets to pay twice, or even 5 times what any ad should cost him or her.

You could just submit your own site, add the analytics code and keep updating it. Or, hire one of the contractor site builders that post here. I've heard that some here use them, and are happy. Haven't seen any of 'our' guys flamed for crappy site service.

(Is this worth pinning? )

·
Denver's Asphalt Pavers
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great, thanks for the advice.

I am considering on doing things in-house. I have a guy who handles all our web work and seo who is quite affordable and gets some pretty impressive results. I am going to chat with him about taking over PPC hopefully.

Who do you guys recommend? I am confident about holding back on PPC at least for outsourcing it. We get a pretty good amount of leads from our organic results right now - that being said this season has been tough so I am thinking about adding a revamped sem campaign.

·
Insert title
4,692 Posts
Our company recently signed up with ReachLocal... Yodle (competitors of ReachLocal) contacted us as well and seem to have a more friendly marketing approach.

Has any of your companies worked with either or of the companies for online marketing / ppc management?
Do a search on this site for Reach Local. I used them and they returned a negative ROI, now I don't use them:rolleyes: Come to think of it, they are the last company I ever paid money to for marketing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I do not like any local sem companies. I am not going to say they dont work for everyone, but for me personally I think they are over priced.

Though if you do not know what you are doing seo or sem wise it is better to have a professional company run your ads. It can be expensive both ways.

the problem I always see with contractors who do not do well with lead generation companies to be fair is because they would not do well with any leads. they are unprofessional , they do not call back in a timely manner, they do not show up on time, do not have proper pamphlets for customers to read , and or have bad sales people. No matter what kind of leads you get if you dont have yourself together you are going to fail.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts