Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to come up with ways to get more business and have been thinking about using yelp.I am already on there but am considering paying the $300 a month to show up on the top of the page.I know I use yelp for a lot of stuff and so do my friends.So I'm thinking it might be worth it,it's a good chunk of money though and I'm not sure if I would get enough of a return on it.Have any of you spent the money for yelp or do you thin its worth it?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Have you received much traffic from there by just being on the first page? I think that would be a big factor in the decision. I don't think Yelp has much of the market share for contractor searches. Most people go to Google. Probably better to spend the money on Adwords. Have you exhausted your free advertising with Google Places?

Gutter Guards Green Bay

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not currently on the first page.I have a hard time finding myself at all,unless I search my company name.I have received a couple small jobs from there even though I can't find my company...So,I figured if I was on the first page it should be even better.As far as google goes,I have done the google places setup but have not tried the ad words yet.Is it easy to setup and how expensive is it?

·
Registered
16,392 Posts
Wouldn't bother with them. Every review I have been left by customers has been removed. They give bullcrap excuses so I told them they got another thing coming if they think I'm paying them money so they can allow me to keep my reviews. They are waste of money just like Angie's list.

·
www.magicpoolservices.com
831 Posts
Have you received much traffic from there by just being on the first page? I think that would be a big factor in the decision. I don't think Yelp has much of the market share for contractor searches. Most people go to Google. Probably better to spend the money on Adwords. Have you exhausted your free advertising with Google Places?

Gutter Guards Green Bay

I think they have a free listing. They use Google Ad Words too to drive traffic to Yelp.

1,183 Posts
Google is where 99% of my customers find me, that and my job signs, DM, and print advertising. Lets not forget the best referrals word of mouth but these days at least here people are getting multiple quotes.

I have taken many advertising chances over the years spent $$ sometimes worth it other times not. I would give Darren Slaughter a ring go from there get some good advice:thumbsup:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Certainly don't pay $300 to be on the first page of Yelp. You should absolutely set up a free account though and ask past customers to leave you a good review. I doubt people ever see a contractor on yelp and then decide to use them, but i'm sure after people hear about a contractor elsewhere they often check on Yelp to see what people are saying about them. It could also be worth it to offer some sort of "free consultation" or equivalent deal on your Yelp page because people looking at companies on yelp are probably just about to start construction

·
Registered
8 Posts
You should constantly check your traffic, its sources and whatnot. Go for organic SEO like generating quality backlinks through different means. You can find a lot of good information on blogs about that.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yelp tried to sell me adds. Shortly after I declined, positive reviews from my customers were removed.

I do not trust Yelp at all.

·
Electrical Punk...
571 Posts
I've been trying to come up with ways to get more business and have been thinking about using yelp.I am already on there but am considering paying the $300 a month to show up on the top of the page.I know I use yelp for a lot of stuff and so do my friends.So I'm thinking it might be worth it,it's a good chunk of money though and I'm not sure if I would get enough of a return on it.Have any of you spent the money for yelp or do you thin its worth it?
If there are no contracts then try it for a month or two ,But if you have to give CC and sign a contract then it will turn out to be just like yellow pages and yellow book..:mad:

·
Registered
785 Posts
With apple switching its map application in iOS and using Yelp! I think it's probably useful to atleast use the free listing. However your money will be better spent with Google Adwords. Go to your local book store and look for a book about google Adwords. Very useful information in an easy to use format.

As someone else suggested I would also look into organic SEO (search engine optimization). SEO can take alot of time and effort but the ROI can be tremendous.

·
Electrical Punk...
571 Posts
With apple switching its map application in iOS and using Yelp! I think it's probably useful to atleast use the free listing. However your money will be better spent with Google Adwords. Go to your local book store and look for a book about google Adwords. Very useful information in an easy to use format.

As someone else suggested I would also look into organic SEO (search engine optimization). SEO can take alot of time and effort but the ROI can be tremendous.
SEO?:blink:

ROI..?:blink:

·
Electrical Punk...
571 Posts

Oh! Welcome to CT LEE.......:thumbup::thumbup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts