Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yelp Filmed our business

I have decided to throw our lot in with YELP. Upgrading from a free listing to a featured listing is $300 per month plus $50 for a video from Turn Here video. The idea of a featured listing is to improve exposure; by making sure your business visible for a category search..ie painters. IMHO Yelp’s success with local search has compelled the mighty G (google) to tweek their SERP in early October adding weight to Google PLACES in their algorithm. The strength of Yelp for local search when compared to Angie’s list or city search for service companies is undeniable. Our service began Jan 1st; so by the end of the year we can measure leads, and leads that turn into business.
Yelp contracts TurnHere video to film and produce a web video. TurnHere hopes to convert you into a customer to make more videos on a subscription basis; good business model. TurnHere contracts local video talent to do the onsite. Jeffery Morehouse from Tamago Films came to our office for the filming. Jeffery was the consummate film pro; our shoot was less than an hour and he helped us with our script. We had alot of fun with Jeffery and he filmed four Shearer employees; and our friend Debbie Steiner publisher of LUXE magazine and LUXE source play the part of a Shearer customer. If you want to contact Jeffery his email is [email protected]
When the video is finished you will be able to see it at our Yelp Business Page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loAqmRyWois

1,183 Posts
OK so help me follow here, when a potential customer decides to search for a painting contractor he has, Google, yahoo, and I guess yelp. Why will they choose yelp and not Google or yahoo?

My home page is Google so I search in Google tool bar for whatever or whoever I’m looking for why do I want to use Yelp? Just asking and what are you paying $3600 dollars a year for.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great ??

Good question what am I paying for? First you should know I am not choosing Yelp over Google. I am heavily committed to google organic search and have used significant money and resources to that end.

For $300 a month you get your business bought to the very top when somebody does a search for painters.

Like all marketing ventures it may not work out; but i hope to book $100,000 of work from this campaign.

·
;)
233 Posts
OK so help me follow here, when a potential customer decides to search for a painting contractor he has, Google, yahoo, and I guess yelp. Why will they choose yelp and not Google or yahoo?

My home page is Google so I search in Google tool bar for whatever or whoever I’m looking for why do I want to use Yelp? Just asking and what are you paying $3600 dollars a year for.
Yelp is very big in some markets (some large cities) It is very heavily promoted and used in those places.

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
Yelp Filmed our business

I have decided to throw our lot in with YELP. Upgrading from a free listing to a featured listing is $300 per month plus $50 for a video from Turn Here video. The idea of a featured listing is to improve exposure; by making sure your business visible for a category search..ie painters. IMHO Yelp’s success with local search has compelled the mighty G (google) to tweek their SERP in early October adding weight to Google PLACES in their algorithm. The strength of Yelp for local search when compared to Angie’s list or city search for service companies is undeniable. Our service began Jan 1st; so by the end of the year we can measure leads, and leads that turn into business.
Yelp contracts TurnHere video to film and produce a web video. TurnHere hopes to convert you into a customer to make more videos on a subscription basis; good business model. TurnHere contracts local video talent to do the onsite. Jeffery Morehouse from Tamago Films came to our office for the filming. Jeffery was the consummate film pro; our shoot was less than an hour and he helped us with our script. We had alot of fun with Jeffery and he filmed four Shearer employees; and our friend Debbie Steiner publisher of LUXE magazine and LUXE source play the part of a Shearer customer. If you want to contact Jeffery his email is [email protected]
When the video is finished you will be able to see it at our Yelp Business Page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loAqmRyWois

Very nice.

Hopefully you can explore your return on the investment in a shorter time frame then at the end of 2011. (unless I read that wrong)

I'm only familiar with Yelp as being popular on smart phones. How big a part is it playing with Google?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Whatever you've been doing it seems to have worked. I just google searched "Seattle painting contractors" about 7 different ways and you were at or near the top of the list every time.

I'm curious as to how it translates into volume as well as quality leads vs tire kickers.
Congrats.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts