Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just want to go out and scream YEA Haw but it is raining here so I'll do it so you all can hear it. I just signed my largest job in my 12 yrs. in biz. 200k what a feeling. Hope everyone on this board has this feeling. Smaller jobs are nice to but nothing like the security of a 3 month project. Maybe my good fortune will run through this forum to all who read this. :cheesygri

·
Registered
90 Posts
Congrats. Hopefully I can find some extra work here soon (of course nothing nearly that big). Good luck with it. May I ask what you're doing?

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Congrats' Mag!
I know where you are, there is better to come if you do it right the first time.

·
Registered
378 Posts
magnum said:
Well I just want to go out and scream YEA Haw but it is raining here so I'll do it so you all can hear it. I just signed my largest job in my 12 yrs. in biz. 200k what a feeling. Hope everyone on this board has this feeling. Smaller jobs are nice to but nothing like the security of a 3 month project. Maybe my good fortune will run through this forum to all who read this. :cheesygri
Congrats, care to disclose source of lead that led to job.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone.
1. 2 story addition with a foot print of 27x28, 3 1/2 bathrooms and renovating the existing bathroom and bedrooms. It is also attached to the orignal log farm house which looks to be challenging.
2.Referral from a local nonprofit org. I have done work for. They send me about 10 referrals a yr. and are usually a done deal before I even talk to the client. This is by far the largest they have sent me, it is usually handicap ramps, grab bars in bathrooms and things of that nature. I give a small discount on those jobs which has 2 benifits they are usually people who have medical conditions with insurance problems which is where the nonprofit comes in. I also get to right off the discount as a donation to the nonprofit org.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts