Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
bathroom guru
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday started off with an email from a potential client saying they had chosen someone else over me.
This was one of two "larger" jobs I was working on for January.
I was a little dissapointed to lose the job but was quite happy with the way I lost it - They were impressed with my design, my price was in line,...they obviously had a better "click" with the other contractor. Thats cool. They even offered to recommend me!

Last Night I was presenting my proposal for other larger job - this was my 2nd meeting with them - and they loved everything, the design, price...and gave me the go-ahead. This is after they had 2-3 other companies in this past summer - didn't "click" with any of them

Let me tell you, what a relief!! I know what I went through last January and it was not pleasant at all!! This job will keep us busy for most of January and will represent almost a 800% increase in sales vs. last January!

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
:thumbup:

See that...your not the biggest pr**k in the world like all your employees say you are...:whistling...:clap:

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
Yesterday started off with an email from a potential client saying they had chosen someone else over me.
This was one of two "larger" jobs I was working on for January.
I was a little dissapointed to lose the job but was quite happy with the way I lost it - They were impressed with my design, my price was in line,...they obviously had a better "click" with the other contractor. Thats cool. They even offered to recommend me!

Last Night I was presenting my proposal for other larger job - this was my 2nd meeting with them - and they loved everything, the design, price...and gave me the go-ahead. This is after they had 2-3 other companies in this past summer - didn't "click" with any of them

Let me tell you, what a relief!! I know what I went through last January and it was not pleasant at all!! This job will keep us busy for most of January and will represent almost a 800% increase in sales vs. last January!

Yeeeeeee Hah!

·
General Contractor
3,444 Posts
You can please all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time.... and those are pretty good odds. Congrats!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts