Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Yet once again this guy has got me! Over the past 12 years I have worked on and off for this chump, each time he screwed me for something and I would quit. Swearing I would never work with him again.

Well yet again he got me! It amazes me how he keeps screwing people over and moving from builder to builder, until he finds pidly jobs to get by.

Just wondering if anyone else knows XYZ Painting! He use to have a good bussiness until a hand full of different substances have made him start over again and again. At one point he had a good company, but he has run it into the ground 5 different times.

Just a heads up if you ever see his name..........................DON'T LET HIM PAINT YOUR DOG HOUSE! :Thumbs:

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Marvin, I know of a few people that have gotten by with this for over 20yrs. I don't know how they do it but they do. You can relax in the knowledge that most of them get their just desserts at some point and it's usually not pretty, BIG fines and BIG lawsuits.
I just recieved a C/O letter to one that I do happen to know, he's a nice guy but just talks himself into deals that he's not capable of delivering. Anyway, his former customer is going to sue him to the tune of $36K (the letter fell on the floor and broke open, I swear!) This guy I feel sort of sorry for as he really doesn't MEAN any malice and I have made a ton of money subbing for him, he just gets in over his head all of the time.
There should be something special for the ones that do it on purpose and there probably is at the end of the road when St. Peter gives the 'thumbs down'.

·
Banned
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hate that I gave this putz a 5th chance! He had got in a wreck and just about died, and I thought thatmight have sobered him up and woke him up. But evidently not! On his down slide he was watering the paint down real bad! Changing labels on cans, etc.

He only got me for a small amount of cash, but itis the point of the whole thing. I guess that's what I get for that 5th chance I took on him. But as you said, he will get what he deserves. They don't get away with it forever. This Folsom idiot has to driver 60 miles as it is to get any work, because the people within 60 miles know him...........lol!

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
He's already paying for it. 1 hr+ in and the same out plus fuel. Unfortunately the moron still thinks that he is making money with watered down paint.
The majority of crooks ain't too bright.

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Marvin... I can totally understand why you are mad and I think you deserve to be. However I need to edit your post and remove the reference to this company.

Why?
1. I want this board to remain a positive place.
2. I don't want you are me to be held liable for slander. The fact is that Google and other major search engines index ContractorTalk.com very well. That means chances are in 2 months or so if anyone searches XYZ painting company our site will pop up and probably first. So, in effect by attacking this guy and telling people not to hire him you are opening the situation up for legal action.
If this was a major company and you were giving your opinion on their product it would be ok, but lets lay off the small guys.

I hope you understand and once again I do understand your thoughts on this matter.

THANKS!

·
Banned
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I understand completely!
I thought about it after I cooled off, and almost deleted the whole thread. Sorry about my rant.....lol!
You can see where I am coming from too......It is a big pain when guys like that do the underhanded stuff. I even had this guy tell me once that if the homeowner comes around and asks, We are using Benjamin Moore Paint! He bought one gallon can and one 5 gallon bucket of the BM, The rest he got from Home Depot.....and tore the labels off! And he even said to use the BM gallon can as a cuttin can! lol

I brought all this crap on myself by even going near this guy!

Sorry again Nathan! It won't happen again.........I was always told...If ya ain't got nuthin good to say....BE QUIET! lol.......Just make ya self look as bad as them!

·
Banned
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Teetorbilt said:
He's already paying for it. 1 hr+ in and the same out plus fuel. Unfortunately the moron still thinks that he is making money with watered down paint.
The majority of crooks ain't too bright.
EXACTLY! I have tried to explain to bosses about the watered down thing! Myself I do add water to new paint, BUT just a little bit to loosen it up........In a 5 gallon bucket I might use less than half a gallon! Or a gallon bucket....just enough to wash the can out good!
But I have worked for guys that used over a gallon to a 5! Case in point..........New construction, One coat of white primer on the wall! The color was dark red, amlost maroon! I just grapped the new paint and went to paint the room..........STOP! STOP! Did you cut that down? My boss said! I said NO...It's red! If I cut it like you want I will have to paint the room 4 times to cover!
Needless to say....He is the boss! So he cut it down WAY too much...to make sure there was enough paint? lol
Also needless to say the room got painted 4 times and still looked bad!
Sure glad he saved that 8 bucks worth of paint! When it cost extra time to paint the room 5 times! How can they think this is cost effective? :eek:

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
It's really hard to figure some of these guys out.
Many years ago I had a boss that sent me to the next town to save $0.50 on two parts. I was making $600.00 a week + commisions + bonuses + 2% of gross + mileage. The drive, both ways, took 1 1/2 hrs. + 30 mi. How much did he really save?

·
Banned
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL

I had a boss that said to meet him on a job an hour from us at 8 am! Me and another guy got there late at 9 on the sunday we should have had off. Our boss had our only key to the job and by noon he still wasn't answering his phone. We left at 1 and passed him on the Interstate, and we just kept going home cause he didn't even see us!......30 mins later he calls and begs us to come back, and we have been on the clock since we showed up at 8 lol! So we take our time getting back, only to find out he forgot one of our blast hoses! So this goof ball pays us both to drive back home and get it.......we ended up getting 19 hours for about 6 worth of blasting!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts