Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
General Contractor
7,940 Posts
I hear you Bro! Be ready for gas prices to jump to $5 per gal to force people to buy this garbage on batteries, so the next 4 years we will be dealing with nothing but BS regulations.

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
they should have used a different name, they are destroying the name just like they did with the thunderbird

·
Registered
782 Posts
Marketing @ it’s best. Looks like Fido’s arse. Personally I don’t like any of the newer cars w/the headlights wrapped half way up the hood/fender. They ruined the Vette several years back along with others. All those squatty SUV’s look alike & like dogs arse to me. I always see a dolled up v/w. Soccer mom thing I guess, the market is huge for them that’s all you see

Mike

·
Radical Basement Dweller
18,783 Posts
All electric cars do is make you feel good at the pump. Nothing green about them when you consider all the oil it still take to make one.
....and charge one.
I think most think the charging stations are plugged into a windmill somewhere.

·
General Contractor
7,940 Posts

·
Registered
10,826 Posts
They're probably using the Mustang name like they do the Explorer. Expect a wide line of versions and packages.

As for looks, we've seen a lot uglier on the road lately. Now's the season to see vehicles at night and wonder what the h- they were thinking with the taillights, etc.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
The genie is out of the bottle. When Porsche, Mercedes, and even the supercar makers are all shifting to E power, the die has been cast.
Take a ride in a Model X in Ludacris mode. (y)

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
45,557 Posts
They did the same when they discontinued the Nova. It was a muscle car, looked, sounded and acted like one. When they brought it back it looked like a little wimpy thing that couldn't get out of its own way. The only thing that was the same between the vintage car and the new version was the spelling.

1985 Nova

·
Premium Member
Honolulu, Hawaii
17,480 Posts
It takes a lot of slaves to get the cobalt for the batteries.

Reactions: Rio

·
Registered
7,028 Posts
In their effort to go electric it seems they forgot to make it look decent. This new electric mustang looks like dog ****. It looks more like a freaking civic than the traditional, tough looking, iconic, mustang.

You just heard about the new Mustang? Where have you been?
I would consider one when it is time to replace the diesel Grand Cherokee we have. Got to be some kind of irony, or oxymoron, or some such thing to consider going from a coal burner to electric in one shot. lol

·
Radical Basement Dweller
18,783 Posts
You just heard about the new Mustang? Where have you been?
I would consider one when it is time to replace the diesel Grand Cherokee we have. Got to be some kind of irony, or oxymoron, or some such thing to consider going from a coal burner to electric in one shot. lol
Where does the power come from to charge the battery?

Reactions: Rio

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
45,557 Posts
1 - 20 of 110 Posts