Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a Makita 18v old style pod battery miter saw. LS800 or LS711.
Anybody have one for sale?

·
Registered
7,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looked on Detroit, Ann Arbor, Kalamazoo, and nothing. Maybe a different city?? or else sold already.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
TimNJ said:
Looked on Detroit, Ann Arbor, Kalamazoo, and nothing. Maybe a different city?? or else sold already.
Must have sold it. I would put a want ad in Detroit cl. They seem to have the most tools around here

·
Registered
7,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Spent about an hour searching multiple CL cities and managed to find a couple potential ones and couple really nice ones that were already sold or didn't want to ship.

·
Registered
7,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
TimNJ said:
First one I found. I would drive down to get that.
Called a couple times, emailed a couple times, no response.
Take a close look at the photo... a stick battery stuck in the pod mount:blink:
I heard of people changing the ports to run on other batteries. Never seen one but I bet if you posted on the elec part of this forum the guys could tell you how to make it work.

·
Registered
7,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wonder how that affects the motor?
A 9.6v battery powering an 18v motor?
The shape of the beginning of the stick and contacts is the same shape as the 18v pod so it would make contact.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
TimNJ said:
I wonder how that affects the motor?
A 9.6v battery powering an 18v motor?
The shape of the beginning of the stick and contacts is the same shape as the 18v pod so it would make contact.
I bet I would spin the blade at the same speed. Just have a short battery charge . Two cuts and a new fully charged battery is needed.
If you get it post some pics.

·
Registered
7,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have one I would consider selling. What are you offering??
Depends on condition and model, 711 or 800
Send me a PM.

I did find a supply house that had one listed on their site. It was a kit which included a drill and the big carrying case that held both.
It was Christmas eve when I called about it and he said he had to actually go looking to see if he had it still. I'll call him back the end of the week.
I told him I could care less about the drill as I already have three of them and he said if he had it, he would work something out without the drill.

·
Registered
2 Posts
For sale...

I have exactly the same set (kit which includes the 8 1/2" sliding miter saw with a spare blade, the 1/2" Hammer Drill, the large case, and 2 batteries). The set is for sale, it's hardly been used, and is in excellent condition...I'd like to get $250 for everything, and, yes I'll ship for whatever actual shipping cost is. I can send pics if interested...

Send me a PM.

I did find a supply house that had one listed on their site. It was a kit which included a drill and the big carrying case that held both.
It was Christmas eve when I called about it and he said he had to actually go looking to see if he had it still. I'll call him back the end of the week.
I told him I could care less about the drill as I already have three of them and he said if he had it, he would work something out without the drill.

·
Registered
7,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Send me a PM.

Toolsteal.com Talked to the guy. Their website said they had one 7 1/2" and two 8 1/4".
Then he said he thought he removed them from the site. They have been gone for quite a while.

·
Registered
7,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have exactly the same set (kit which includes the 8 1/2" sliding miter saw with a spare blade, the 1/2" Hammer Drill, the large case, and 2 batteries). The set is for sale, it's hardly been used, and is in excellent condition...I'd like to get $250 for everything, and, yes I'll ship for whatever actual shipping cost is. I can send pics if interested...

Sent you a PM.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts