Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I know there aren't to many guys on here from around me. But does anyone have an aluminum plank they wanna sell? Anything from 16' to 24' or so. Prefferably 2 man rated. I am gonna need another one for an upcoming job, I hate renting stuff.

Thanks, Dave

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
Hey guys, I know there aren't to many guys on here from around me. But does anyone have an aluminum plank they wanna sell? Anything from 16' to 24' or so. Prefferably 2 man rated. I am gonna need another one for an upcoming job, I hate renting stuff.

Thanks, Dave
I have a 20' and a 28' you can borrow Dave.:thumbsup:

·
Project Manager
2,642 Posts
Definitely try craigslist -I've seen a ton of that stuff sitting around for long periods of time.

I have a 20' and a 12' that you can borrow - and I am not as far as loneframer is!

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the offers guys!:laughing:

This is not for that gutter job:laughing: The guy is gonna go with someone a little under my price of $18,000.00:laughing:

I've been watching craigslist, its funny though. I always saw tons of picks and ladders on there until now I am seriously looking for one!

Thanks for the link, eXpatRioteX They seem to have everything!

Dave

·
MHIC licensed contractor
154 Posts
Thanks for the offers guys!:laughing:

This is not for that gutter job:laughing: The guy is gonna go with someone a little under my price of $18,000.00:laughing:

I've been watching craigslist, its funny though. I always saw tons of picks and ladders on there until now I am seriously looking for one!

Thanks for the link, eXpatRioteX They seem to have everything!

Dave
They do have everything. I've been buying the werner planks and jacks, most of it is cheaper, but seems to have every bit of the quality. Look at the ratings and prices carefully.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks AW:thumbup:, I just called the guy for that craigslist add they are one man rated though. I will be by myself most of the time, I just like the nice solid feeling when I'm in the air:laughing:

Dave

·
Al Smith
2,392 Posts
Thanks AW:thumbup:, I just called the guy for that craigslist add they are one man rated though. I will be by myself most of the time, I just like the nice solid feeling when I'm in the air:laughing:

Dave
That's all I use. the Werner "decorator" planks. You will like the nice light feeling when you're pushing them onto the racks of your vehicle by yourself though. I do have a pair of 24 foot AlumaScaffs in my yard that belong to my ex partner. Last time i used them was three years ago. Too heavy for me to be practical. He hasn't offered to come down and pick them up and I haven't offered to deliver them to him up in Mountain Lakes where he lives.

·
Bathroom Remodeler
622 Posts
Your up in the air this time of year? Sounds fun......I sold all that stuff a few years ago.... I rented one of those 4-wheeled man lifts to do my roof last year! Can't believe I ever used to screw around with those ladders and stages for so long (although I completely destroyed the yard, fence, and even the neighbors sidewalk with it)
It was still worth it though :laughing:
Good luck!

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
AW, I've never really been on a one man rated plank. So you say they are pretty solid? If you were closer I would take those 24'ers off your hands:laughing:

Hey Steve, Yup, I was acctually suposed to do this job weeks ago. All this weather we've been having is putting a damper on it:laughing: Its just a small job though, it shouldn't take to long. I was looking at one of those lifts for another job, that sounded like fun:laughing:

Dave

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
I do have a pair of 24 foot AlumaScaffs in my yard that belong to my ex partner. Last time i used them was three years ago. Too heavy for me to be practical. He hasn't offered to come down and pick them up and I haven't offered to deliver them to him up in Mountain Lakes where he lives.
I'll come load them up myself if the price is right.:whistling

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
AW, I've never really been on a one man rated plank. So you say they are pretty solid? If you were closer I would take those 24'ers off your hands:laughing:

Dave
You'll thank yourself every time you have to lug it around by yourself.
I've got a 32' two man that two have to struggle to move.:sad:

·
Al Smith
2,392 Posts
How are you with heights?

Hey Steve, Yup, I was acctually suposed to do this job weeks ago. All this weather we've been having is putting a damper on it:laughing: Its just a small job though, it shouldn't take to long. I was looking at one of those lifts for another job, that sounded like fun:laughing:

Dave

Well no. If you "never really been on a one man rated plank" You have to get your sea legs if your weight is up over the 200# region like mine is. They will easily support you. You just have to get used to their light bounce. The AlumaScaffs are pretty darn rigid though. My ex partner who always had height issues never got used to my Werners, I used to kid him and call his AlumaScaffs his "Aluminum sidewalks" for their width and weight. Another potential problem with AlumaScaffs is they don't fit on the 3 pairs of aluminum ladder jacks I use when doing roofs or framing. Too Wide to fit when hung under the ladder. Also if the staging is too heavy and cumbersome to load, transport, unload, set up, knock down, load, transport, unload, you will find you are not using them as often as you really need them. I typically load my scaffold on the truck the evening before and unload it off the truck the evening i take it off the job. By myself, usually in the dark. If you are in doubt have the seller put a pair of horses under the ends and walk them to get the feel before you commit to buying one man rated scaffold picks.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts