Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
CJKarl -

Looks like it could be 12x4x16 blocks of chocolate made to look like concrete block.

As long as she is happy, just go south to the sound and see what fish are there. You might be surprised.

Nice little pallet on an embossed drop cloth.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Must be from Orsina from Westbrook Block.

I spent some time with Paul (possibly John's father) in his old 1988 Jaguar sedan that he hated and loved at the same time. I consulted for a company/investor/bank that was a competitor of his. If it was him, I really enjoyed when he went with him employees to a Mexican restaurant near Westbrook, CT (about 1989) about 4 blocks from where I lived and I spotted him in the parking lot and greeted all of them them at the door with a napkin on my arm and an open bottle of wine. - At the time I was between the families, companies, contractors, unions, mafia and politicians in CT, which was very entertaining and educational for a person from the midwest. A very good down-home place to live that is in the civilized gap between the NYC influence and Boston, but at least you could drive through those other places and not do business in them (except a $50 bill for a truck load to NY or 2-$50s for Long Island in an envelope by the company to pay off someone or the owner in cash) and let the accountants try to justify it.

Because of the Westbrook Block honesty and good business practices, they survived in a very strange and entertaining market.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Must be from Orsina from Westbrook Block.

I spent some time with Paul (possibly John's father) in his old 1988 Jaguar sedan that he hated and loved at the same time. I consulted for a company/investor/bank that was a competitor of his. If it was him, I really enjoyed when he went with him employees to a Mexican restaurant near Westbrook, CT (about 1989) about 4 blocks from where I lived and I spotted him in the parking lot and greeted all of them them at the door with a napkin on my arm and an open bottle of wine. - At the time I was between the families, companies, contractors, unions, mafia and politicians in CT, which was very entertaining and educational for a person from the midwest. A very good down-home place to live that is in the civilized gap between the NYC influence and Boston, but at least you could drive through those other places and not do business in them (except a $50 bill for a truck load to NY or 2-$50s for Long Island in an envelope by the company to pay off someone or the owner in cash) and let the accountants try to justify it.

Because of the Westbrook Block honesty and good business practices, they survived in a very strange and entertaining market.

That is spot on. What a small world. He may still have the Jag. Paul is the father, Jonh is the son. I'm guessing in his 30s. Pauls dad started the business after WWII making one block at a time in a hand press. Yeah, great guys. They are very well respected around here.
...and that Mexican restaurant is still there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts