Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, as I've said before I'm working on a new version of ContractorTalk.com.
We will be adding alot of new features for the forums (spell check, etc...) as well as more content and tools to the site.

The biggest thing we are adding to the site is Articles. There are a lot of people who post the same questions over and over again. They need help with estimates, marketing, or something else. We want to pull some of the experts on this board to help write some articles that address these issues.

If your interested in writing for the site please send me a PM note.

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We are just putting the finishing touches on the articles section of the website.

If you are interested in writing for us please let me know. I can give you access and let you start posting some stuff. That way when we launch ContractorTalk 3.0 we have some content to go with it ;)

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bob, topics are similar to the forum.
Business
Marketing
Trade Specific
Current Events
These articles need to be writting with a professional contractor in mind and NOT targeted at homeowners.

I won't be editing these although I can if needed. The way it works is that you will log in and write the article. Then I will either approve it or reject it. It will make more sense once you see the interface. I would suggest using MS Word to do a spell and grammer check.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Nathan I know framing like the the back of my hand and build houses i could eat off of in every aspect in tightness from rafter to stairholes.I see the hacks framing out there and i LMAO!!!!!!!!!!I'll answer any questions on the framing end if i can. For the rough plumbers the stakes in the basement are turd pile markings :cheesygri I make sure my guys mark em!
Brent

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
I think I am going to write about self esteem and sales.
I do not consider myself a motivational speaker, but this lesson made the biggest difference in my career.
And it is not just for sales, it can be used in all types of fields.

Will this fit into the program you think?

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Help me think this through guys. Here is a list of topics I have so far:

Contractor Talk
  • General
  • Business
  • Sales & Estimating
Trade Talk
  • Carpentry
  • Construction
  • Drywall
  • Electrical
  • Flooring
  • HVAC
  • Landscaping
  • Painting
  • Plumbing
  • Remodeling
  • Roofing
  • Windows, Siding & Doors
Equipment & Safety
  • Tools
  • Vehicles & Maintenance
  • Safety
  • Product Reviews
Current Events

Anything I should add or take out?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Masonry is the second oldest profession, heh heh. Please include it. :Thumbs:

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ProWallGuy said:
Expect a couple on the age-old craft of slinging wallcovering. :cool:
I'm really looking forward to that. Something I never mastered like I wanted to. :Thumbs:

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We are about 2 weeks (hopefully) from the new version of ContractorTalk.com (CTv3). We still need articles for our new articles section. We will also need some regular writers for ongoing content for that area as well.

If you are interested please let me know.

Thanks,
Nathan

·
DGR,IABD
9,683 Posts
May the articles include original graphics and photographs? I've got a few ideas, but they would necessarily need to include photos... and maybe a link to an online thesaurus.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts