Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
K guys I know it's been on here before. But I just wanted to get your option. We are going to open up a second company for just the our construction side of thing. (We do both landscape and construction.) so I am thinking about getting my truck wrapped. What do you guys think about wraps. I wouldn't be considering it however one of my customer that is what he does. And gave me a price at 1400. To me that seams like a one heck of a deal after I called around and got other prices from 2500-5000.

·
Licensed Gas contractor
708 Posts
It always cracks me up to see a new guy driving around here in his newly wrapped F150 thinking he's going to get tons of work from it. Personally all I think it shows is that you have a huge ego and need to stand out. You can do just as much advertising with some nicely placed names and numbers and pay far less.

Just remember, people are too busy these days texting and driving to notice your wrapped vehicle.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
It always cracks me up to see a new guy driving around here in his newly wrapped F150 thinking he's going to get tons of work from it. Personally all I think it shows is that you have a huge ego and need to stand out. You can do just as much advertising with some nicely placed names and numbers and pay far less.

Just remember, people are too busy these days texting and driving to notice your wrapped vehicle.
I have to agree, never have I been driving down the road and been able to catch and write down a company name or number from a vehicle wrap. So if people are only going to find it useful when it is stationary, there are much cheaper forms of advertising, such as lawn signs, I can get 100 for 130$

·
Registered
677 Posts
Wraps are worth the money spent on it,weather you truck is parked at the store outside your kids school or driving down the road someone will see it and take note, if one person sees it and gives you a job after meeting up then it's paid for, free advertising after that. All four of my trucks are wrapped, I have seen people using their cell phone to photo the number/web address at my local mc Donald's drive through.

Motor vehicle Window Plant Vehicle Land vehicle

Here are two of mine.

·
Registered
677 Posts
That's true but this is what I have and it works really well for me so I can only assume more on a truck/van would be just as if not more effective..... Ya picky bast$$d lol lol.

·
More than pushing brooms!
79 Posts
Wraps are GREAT, think of them as long term traveling adverting. Look at the cost for a single static billboard ad in your area, and then you will suddenly 'get' how great wraps are.

Do it, you won't regret it.

·
Non-conformist
1,581 Posts
Seems like we have a misunderstanding here of wraps. A wrap is like plazaman's thread in this section. They're usually graphics intensive and called a wrap because the graphics form a new "skin" on most or all of the vehicle surface.

The pic that SUM posted is vehicle graphics and not a wrap.

That's not to advocate one or the other, it's nothing more than a distinction between the two. My personal preference is for vehicle graphics because wraps get too easily cluttered "just because you can" but done properly, wraps can be very effective.

·
More than pushing brooms!
79 Posts
Seems like we have a misunderstanding here of wraps. A wrap is like plazaman's thread in this section. They're usually graphics intensive and called a wrap because the graphics form a new "skin" on most or all of the vehicle surface.

The pic that SUM posted is vehicle graphics and not a wrap.

That's not to advocate one or the other, it's nothing more than a distinction between the two. My personal preference is for vehicle graphics because wraps get too easily cluttered "just because you can" but done properly, wraps can be very effective.
This.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts