Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Roofer with a vision :)
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

This goes out to web people here.

I need a WP theme design - nothing fancy, a dark stripe going across the top, 1 column front page and two column the rest of the pages. Minimal graphics.

This site: http://www.davidnessjr.com/roofing_taunton_massachusetts.html

On the site, I really like how the comment is done. Maybe a lighter color scheme, but that is basically what i'm looking for.

You can give me an already developed scheme, or build one from scratch - I will be modifying it anyway.

If you can point me to a similar-looking free theme, would be great, but so far I could not find one.

Please let me know what something like this would cost. Either reply here or PM.

Here are more examples of what I'm looking for:

One more:

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
401 Posts
Try http://www.woothemes.com and get a programmer to modify one of their themes.

Or use Artisteer and adjust the code a little bit.

Or get someone to create Photoshop design and code it into a WP theme. I think this is the best way to get exactly what you want quickly.

Or get a templatemonster template and modify the PSD file and then code it to WP.

·
Roofer with a vision :)
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for help Frank, but I vent through a lot of free themes - that's why I posted here.

Karunnt - I saw woothemes. Tried artisteer and not very impressd with it. I could not get rid of fancy buttons.

Can you elaborate more on Photoshoping the design and how it can be converted into HTML code or a theme. In details please.
Thanks

·
Registered
401 Posts
Thanks for help Frank, but I vent through a lot of free themes - that's why I posted here.

Karunnt - I saw woothemes. Tried artisteer and not very impressd with it. I could not get rid of fancy buttons.

Can you elaborate more on Photoshoping the design and how it can be converted into HTML code or a theme. In details please.
Thanks

It's not that difficult.

1) You first create a PSD file of your webpage. This is created with something like photoshop or fireworks. The graphic designer will design your site exactly to your specs. It is basically just a jpeg image of your page.

2) Then it needs to be coded into a Wordpess theme. This is wher the image is sliced into sections and incorporated into CSS/XHTML code to render the page through Wordpress. There are lots of services that do this like http://www.xhtmlchop.com

3) In the case of Wordpress you may need to modify the theme code to customize the site but that is usually not absolutely necessary.

You need to find a good graphics designer. One way is to go to designoutpost.com and place your project for several designers to make a comp. Then you pick a design/designer you like and work out the minor details. Or find someone local.

·
Registered
401 Posts

Are you referring to the menu buttons or the real buttons like the Wordpress form search button?

If you don't like the real buttons you can delete the css for them and the default style will take effect.

What else don't you like about these sites?

I am curious as to why some people find Artisteer so bad. Maybe these objections can be corrected simply.

PS:

Here is a simple Artisteer site

·
Internet Marketing Agency
339 Posts
check out flexibility2 wordpress theme (its free) I cant post the link yet...search for it on google.

they have a good demo you can look at and the theme is fairly easy to customize.

if you have any questions let me know.

j

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.