Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What parasites these scumbags are....

I just got a call,...."We have a client in your area that is in a desperate rush to get their windows replaced". I looked at the caller id, and seen some strange area code (not in my state, or any of the nearby states my company services.)

I immediately ask the guy what company he is with--and he replies "Every Contractor.com....." I kinda of laughed, and said "I'm all set, thanks."

He replies with "What?,.....what does all-set mean...You're telling me business is so good for you right now that you can't use some extra jobs?"

I replied, "Actually, we can always use new jobs, but if you think I'd waste my money on a crap-service like yours, you're dreaming. And then I told him, I belong to a community/ forum of contractors with over 40k members who have similiar feelings about you as I do, so you'd appreciate where I'm coming from."

He then asked what position I held with the company. I told him "well, I'm the Marketing Director, and if you ever had a chance of doing business with us, it would be through ME"---he said, "I don't want to talk to a pu$$y, I want to talk to the boss.

The last thing I said to the poor guy was, "I would literally hang myself if I had a job like you do. I bet your wife is so proud of the loser she decided to marry" and hung up.

Long and the short of it,--these guys are a joke....I called the number on my id, talked to the sales supervisor (supposedly) and asked to be taken off of their call list, but I'm still laughing and shaking my head...:no:

·
Smart phone? Scan me!
2,137 Posts
they along with some other company are hounding me too. I think they are on here taking our info and calling us.. what better way to get ALL the info you need to try to sell to one of us.. so he does windows.. "mr. so-in-so.. we have a client that needs windows replaced" :rolleyes:

·
Builder/Remodeler
3,805 Posts
I received a call from them this morning as well. The woman said someone else in the office had called and talked to me last week--which wasn't true.

She was actually very sharp and didn't get belligerent at all when I told her I wasn't interested, unlike this guy: http://www.contractortalk.com/f11/everycontractor-com-complaints-63246/

When are they going to get it... if you lie to me once you've got me on the phone by making up some BS about having talked to me before--you have ZERO credibility.

You know who does the same crap? Those goobers who call me constantly trying to sell me a pallet full of sawzall blades. :laughing:

"Hey guy! How are you doing today. Long time, eh? What? You don't remember me?"

No "guy", I don't.

·
Starving Tile Artist
1,216 Posts
Why shouldn't his wife be proud of him?

He has a job and makes decent money for entry level telemarketing sales.

In todays workforce standards, he's a winner!

Personally I feel the same way you do concerning these companies. However, I would never allow a business conversation over the phone to overrule common sense.

Tell the callers that you aren't interested and hang up. No need to get rude, just don't make yourself out to be an arse. JMHO

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was just having a little fun, AFTER the fact he called me a pu$$y.

And at that point, it WASN'T a business call, because he sure wasn't getting mine!:laughing:

·
David Festa
2,561 Posts
Everycontractor.com positive feedback

Does anyone have positive feedback on Everycontractor.com
I have been dealing with a sales rep for 3 days now,
I Can’t get passed a few things, someone help me out

I asked: how many contractors are designated to zip codes in the same classification?
Answer: I got the talk in circles routine, after asking 4 times his reply was: we circulate leads between contractors, that was the best answer he could give me
The real answers is: infinity, Everycontractor.com doesn’t seem to say no to new prospects, well it can’t ,being they don’t charge by lead so there only income is generated by new contractors,
Everycontractor.com doesn't seem to put a cap on how contractors they will take in, therefor creacting an over satureted contractor request in these areas

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do NOt Trust Them, Please start a Lawsuit through this site ASAP

i can tell you from hands on experience do not use verycontractor.com it is fraud inside and out. david johnson is a felon, he has been to prison for Fraud and scam, he is at it agin. I worked for them and know firsthand all of their lies

1 - 9 of 9 Posts