Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some companies have them others are to small or donkt do enough events. Most owners have more important things to do then work a show. You don't want a salesman there as they tend to prequalify. If u set ur requirement for a lead would u consider an outside service that can get the lead all the way to setting the appointment if you choose. What are your thoughts

·
Registered
260 Posts
How do you generate leads now? I have a 3 tier system. I have a flyer crew go out and distribute flyers in a specific neighborhood. We'll receive some calls on that. the a canvassing crew will door knock that neighborhood and weed out those that were thinking about calling and never did. That usually gets the most results. then my in house call center will telemarket the neighborhood and weed out those that the canvassers didn't visit with. That really squeezes all the juice out of a neighborhood and reults in a good number of appointments and the lead cost is reasonable.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Everyone I'm new on the board. I have tried lead sources and always with disappointment. Most people are just looking or looking for a crazy price. BDiamond your suggestion reminds me back when I was in college and I worked for a window company. They sent me out knocking on doors and getting leads. Then an inside person would confirm and a salesman would sell. They were successful.

What I think is the most successful marketing avenue is referral marketing

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've done Service Magic and they are a big rip-off, most customers you don't even get to speak to and the costs per lead is absurd. I wouldn't recoomend it to anyone.

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
I have found people that use lead services are people who do not do proper research on a contractor and are only looking for a price. At lot of these are people who post work they need done on craigslist.

·
www.magicpoolservices.com
831 Posts
I've done Service Magic and they are a big rip-off, most customers you don't even get to speak to and the costs per lead is absurd. I wouldn't recoomend it to anyone.

Service Magic is a good product, and any lead is better than no lead.

Currently, we rerouted our money to Google Ad Words and Optimized our site.

We actually turned off SM because we were getting so many calls from our site.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Service Magic is a good product, and any lead is better than no lead.

Currently, we rerouted our money to Google Ad Words and Optimized our site.

We actually turned off SM because we were getting so many calls from our site.
A lead where you don't ever get to talk to the customer is NOT a good lead - it is a dead beat lead and Service Magic is filled with them. They refuse to re-imburse you for any such leads as well. Their whole organization is corrupted, I once paid for what was supposed to be an 'exclusive lead' I showed up and the customer himself told me he was dealing with multiple contractors from Service Magic, so how is that an 'exclusive lead'? I have 1/2 a mind of reporting them to BBB

·
Registered
148 Posts
There are so many free ways to generate leads and gauge interest with the internet, why pay someone to do what a little bit of sweat and eyestrain can accomplish?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I agree with Timber Tom. I like referral marketing ( not the same as marketing to your client base. My referral marketing is where you find a trusted source who gets a lot of customer requests and then have them refer you. For example interior designer, plumbers ( drywall fixing, painting, tile work), and others. You will surprised how other trades and business's get requests. These customers will use you, becuase they trust the recommendation from the referral source.

·
Roofing sales pro
101 Posts
There are many ways to get more leads in a method i made years ago that has supassed knocking doors. The way i do it is well going down the street without knocking on a single door.

·
Banned
306 Posts
nothing really... but somethin funny I think...

too many people on this thread joined the forum, so close together, and so recently, and the reading of it, is way too ... uhmmm, well... "smooth".

could be a coincidence, if so, i apologize.

could be a marketing ploy, for some referral or marketing service... nothing wrong with that either... just that I sense it...

·
Banned
306 Posts
Eh, on reading it again. I'm probably wrong.

Lots of "buzz words" though, maybe just a lot of educated contractors just joined the forum, or Im just getting old, and behind the times.

·
Roofing sales pro
101 Posts
Well im not a service by anymeans and bam know it. I am doing nothing wrong. You guys dont want my help i will leave. Im not trying to sell anything ask josh. Asdide from that thats what i am doing trying to help bar that i dont care either way you want help fine you dont let me know and i will leave with what i know has worked for me for many years. let me know please so i can make other use of what i know where im welcome. I was just simply yrying to help.

·
Banned
306 Posts
No, its ok, sorry...
If your trying to help, please stay. Nothing wrong in that. Nor, in trying to sell anything.

But if your trying to sell somethin, be honest, I don't want to follow a thread, hoping to learn somethin. Only to be asked to pay, to hear the punch line...

Ok?

again, didn't mean offense...

·
Banned
22 Posts
No doubt, the home shows work. But I also believe that most homeowners want to see the owner or the person doing the work standing in the booth - it is really the mentality of the home show crowd more than anything else.

A friend of mine does kitchens and he basically gets his entire years worth of work from two home shows in his market -hard to argue with that.

I believe, like most of you that you need many different avenues of lead generation - while some work better than others - it is really the entire package that adds up to success.

All reports today are telling us that consumers are moving online to find local service providers. In fact over 50% of all searches done online are for local business.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts