Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at a free lunch at the local supply house last week and was checking out a new hammer. The thing was made of titanium. It was a very cool design, but I about choke on my free hamburger when told the price. $240 :eek:

I personally would never pay that much for a hammer. Would any off you?

Mark

·
Banned
846 Posts
Not for a hammer, not my trade. $240 is about what my wheelbarrow cost.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
I was at a free lunch at the local supply house last week and was checking out a new hammer. The thing was made of titanium. It was a very cool design, but I about choke on my free hamburger when told the price. $240 :eek:

Mark
yes.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Only if I was drunk and the salesgirl was throwing in a pole dance.:w00t:
:laughing:

Or if it had a place to plug an airhose into and had a trigger

·
Registered
180 Posts
I recently worked with a guy who had one of these. He was real proud of it. Said it was $400.00. I hefted it and it felt lighter than my 20oz. of cold steel. He explained that it would allow for more force to be applied to the nail head. It also had interchangeable heads depending on the application (roofing, framing, etc.) So, I tried driving a few nails with it. I prefer my own.

·
JumboJack for president!
747 Posts
you are all talking about the Stilletto, right? If so yes. They are incredible. Once you swing one you wont want anything else. The feel is better than anything out now...even the air gun

·
Registered
1,571 Posts

Mark
Probably if there were no nail guns and you had to nail by hand all day like I did before using nail guns. As a framer, you don't swing your hammer as much like you did before nail guns. I would never pay 240 for a hammer now. You can buy a gun for almost that price.

·
Pro
669 Posts
Knowing what I do now about Carpal tunnel syndrom, and the pain I deal with every day, I would have bought it back when I started framing in the late 70's. Don't think it would make a difference now with nail guns being used for everything.

Bill

·
Box Builder
6,320 Posts
I'd buy the hammer without the removable face. Heard the removable face comes loose and is a pain in the ass. I prefer a smooth face anyway. But, I would spend that much, but only if my wrist really was hurting at the time.

·
Banned
110 Posts
way to much, but I don't waste time with those things I use a framing nailer, but sometimes the hammer is just required...

I don't know, sounds like a bargain compared to a carpenter square I saw that cost $230. For real! It was at some hardware store in Maryland.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts