Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Jeff
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im generally a pretty trusting person. Browsing craigslist today because ive been interested in picking up a used skidsteer. 2019 hours on this '03 machine for $4400 seems to good to be true.

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/grd/1458895688.html

He replied back to me and all this seems fishy, heres what he sent.....

Hi,
The bobcat is still for sale and is in mint condition. If you'd like to view some additional pictures here is a link: http://picasaweb.google.com/McDanielBrian78/Bobcat?feat=directlink .It is in very good condition inside and out, and it runs and drives great. The interior is in very good condition.My wife was recently promoted so we had to move in Montana .Besides, there are lot of things which have priority now, so, this bobcat has to go. As you probably noticed, the price is rather low $ 4,400 for you if you will buy it today or tomorrow .Due to the fact I am very busy with my work and I don't stay too much at home, the bobcat is already to the shipping company and will be delivered from there very fast, shipping costs are included in the price.The transaction will be made under eBay's buyer protection plan.This way you can receive assistance for the purchase, title transfer, etc. So, please reply back with your full name and shipping address if you are really interested in purchasing this bobcat so we can start the arrangements!
Thanks
Brian

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
Im generally a pretty trusting person. Browsing craigslist today because ive been interested in picking up a used skidsteer. 2019 hours on this '03 machine for $4400 seems to good to be true.

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/grd/1458895688.html

He replied back to me and all this seems fishy, heres what he sent.....

Hi,
The bobcat is still for sale and is in mint condition. If you'd like to view some additional pictures here is a link: http://picasaweb.google.com/McDanielBrian78/Bobcat?feat=directlink .It is in very good condition inside and out, and it runs and drives great. The interior is in very good condition.My wife was recently promoted so we had to move in Montana .Besides, there are lot of things which have priority now, so, this bobcat has to go. As you probably noticed, the price is rather low $ 4,400 for you if you will buy it today or tomorrow .Due to the fact I am very busy with my work and I don't stay too much at home, the bobcat is already to the shipping company and will be delivered from there very fast, shipping costs are included in the price.The transaction will be made under eBay's buyer protection plan.This way you can receive assistance for the purchase, title transfer, etc. So, please reply back with your full name and shipping address if you are really interested in purchasing this bobcat so we can start the arrangements!
Thanks
Brian

Scam

Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee.

·
Jeff
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha i was pretty much certain it was but im not one to go on any of these selling sites much. Figured id get some expert opinions. :thumbup:

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,980 Posts
Haha i was pretty much certain it was but im not one to go on any of these selling sites much. Figured id get some expert opinions. :thumbup:

Standard 10% of selling price fee applies. You want my PayPal account name to send me my money? :laughing:

·
General Contractor
3,444 Posts
Since it's only 200 miles from you... just for kicks, tell him you will pick it up, and he can keep the money he would have spent on shipping. Say you will leave the money with his agent in Dormont.

·
bathroom guru
1,348 Posts
They were trying to sell the same thing here in London off Kijiji. I actually emailed the guy and laughed when I got the response.

I was to pay through PayPal who would "hold" the $$ until I got the tractor.

It was located in the Yukon and the $4400.00 inlcuded shipping!!

:no::no:

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,980 Posts
Send an email back to the scammer:

"Dear Brian:

How happy I was to get such a good deal on the bobcat. However, in my excitement, I erroneosly made the cashier's check out for $6,400 instead of $4,400. Could you forword me the difference of $2,000 via Western Union before I send you your check?"

Reactions: BamBamm5144

·
Jeff
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wouldnt buy anything like this without looking at it in person anyhow. Hell i have enough trouble buying tools of legit sites if i havent actually held the model in my hand or used it before.
Haha i'll send him that back.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,512 Posts
Send an email back to the scammer:

"Dear Brian:

How happy I was to get such a good deal on the bobcat. However, in my excitement, I erroneosly made the cashier's check out for $6,400 instead of $4,400. Could you forword me the difference of $2,000 via Western Union before I send you your check?"
:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::whistling

·
Registered
1 Posts
The biggest fraud seems to be where agency such as the DOJ cover up for military activities such as the National Guard. Such is the case with IIF Data Solutions.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts