Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,330 Posts
Never understood what the big deal was. Isn't that what the room was designed for?

·
Hair Splitter
18,333 Posts
We use them all the time. We are not pigs about it and leave it better than we found it...well, mostly.

But Leo nailed it, that's what it's for. We usually scout out a none personal bathroom (powder room or basement bathroom). The house that we are at has 5 full bathrooms and it's just an older couple who live there, so we have lots of options.

·
Hair Splitter
18,333 Posts
If it's a short job I always ask to be polite. But if we are there more than a few days, I just assume that they know we will have to take care of business at some point during the day. I cannot afford to leave the site or have everyone leave just to do their business.

·
Fine Handcrafted Opinions
994 Posts
Do it all the time. Well, only if absolutely necessary, we try not to if we can help it. But I'm not driving 10 minutes there and back to use a gas station bathroom. Basic rule of thumb is, leave it like nothing happened. They better not be able to tell you used it. I just tell people that we will need some facilities, and they direct us to use whatever bathroom they deem best. Ideally, it will have a good fart fan and a can of spray on the back of the toilet.

That's only for our crew though. I send subs packing to the gas station....

·
Super Moderator
28,759 Posts
More than 2 days its a porta potty. Less than, the client has an option in my scope of work (allowance) to let us use a guest restroom. They designate the restroom.

·
stacker of sticks
8,502 Posts
Its a hundred bucks for a porta potty for the minimum here, I just add it to the cost.
It's 130 here minimum here, that gets you the first month.

Most people I work for would rather have you drop a duce in their spare bath then have a port a loo in their yard.
That's the way I look at it, they complain enough about the trailers.

·
Fine Handcrafted Opinions
994 Posts
Inner10 said:
I always use client's washrooms wtf am I suppose to do Piss in their flower garden?
Don't tell my customers, but that is not an infrequent occurrence on my jobs. The flower garden bit, that is.

·
Super Moderator
28,759 Posts
It's 130 here minimum here, that gets you the first month.

That's the way I look at it, they complain enough about the trailers.
Its just professional to offer the option in my opinion. Most of the homes I work on are second homes on the lake, the clients are not there, and say use the down stairs bathroom. Some of the rock star pads on the man made island have special restrooms for working stiffs like me :laughing:

·
stacker of sticks
8,502 Posts
Its just professional to offer the option in my opinion. Most of the homes I work on are second homes on the lake, the clients are not there, and say use the down stairs bathroom. Some of the rock star pads on the man made island have special restrooms for working stiffs like me :laughing:
I agree, another thing is 80% of our work is outside, so its not like we are in the house to just slip into the bathroom.

I did Catch a laborer taking a dump in the trailer, he put a trashbag in a 5 gallon bucket.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts