Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please let me know what you think.
Would I be a good idea to put flooring/tiling kiosk (with representative) in huge mall with great foot traffic? My partner's main concerns that people go there for clothing not flooring. What do you think?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Agnessa said:
Please let me know what you think.
Would I be a good idea to put flooring/tiling kiosk (with representative) in huge mall with great foot traffic? My partner's main concerns that people go there for clothing not flooring. What do you think?
Here is my own opinion on that. Given that the numbers work (and they do) mall should be good location. There are millions of people present all in "shopping mood" or doing window shopping. We tried a stand at the local flea market and I felt sorry that we had only 50 business cards with us.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Treasure Coast Square Mall has a flooring kiosk and they seem to be doing quite well as they have been there for a few years and floorspace is expensive.
My experience is that women still rule the roost when it comes to home improvement and malls are where a lot of them go.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
The theory of a mall kiosk is what home depot does to generate leads. It does work. Pay someone 8 bucks an hour to generate leads plus bonuses for each valid lead they generate. Leave a drop box at the kiosk at all times so even if your guy is on break or wherever people can still drop in estimate requests.

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
I would think it's a great idea. yes, women rule in floor shopping. they make up 98% of my clients.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Teetorbilt said:
Treasure Coast Square Mall has a flooring kiosk and they seem to be doing quite well as they have been there for a few years and floorspace is expensive.
My experience is that women still rule the roost when it comes to home improvement and malls are where a lot of them go.
Thank you for the information. I was hopeless to find a flooring business in mall. Is there any chance for you to describe the setting they have. Any other information you might now. I'll call the mall tomorrow, may be I would be able to talk to them.
Thank you again. :Thumbs:
P.S. Any other information about similar businesses in malls?

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
So where are you in the process? Have you gotten into a mall yet? How is it going?

Also curious what you meant by:
Agnessa said:
Given that the numbers work (and they do) mall should be good location.
What does the "and they do" mean exactly?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts