Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Would like some feedback on webfirstcreations

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  ChrWright 
#1 ·
I just gave a deposit this past Thursday, and have been promised to have my site live by september. I've read these guys are excellent at placing your site at the top of the listings for multiple keywords, generating excellent results. What do the rest of you think about this company?

#2 · (Edited)
Darn Me.....

I even brought your phone message home with me with the intention of giving you a call back this weekend. Sorry.

I really like working with them and at the 2 week period after my site went live, it was on the 1st page for multiple searches that I did for not only my home local town, but many adjoining ones too.

I haven't even done any of the stuff on the site myself yet after the lessons they will give you.

I have been working too many night time hours with measuring, collecting and appointments, that when I do get a slight break, I want to get home to see my kid.

Let's talk tomorrow if you want.

My PM Box is now emptied or you can also e-mail me at: EddiesDad@sbcglobal.net if you want me to send you my cell phone number. Send me your phone numbers too.

Ed

#3 ·
I'm not familiar with them but they are only going to ad a META line for keywords to your website to make it searchable by any and all search engines.

here is a sample of this from my fishing website... Note: it starts with a "<" and ends with a ">"

meta name="KeyWords" content="surf fishing page, surf, shore, beach, fishing, bank fishing, Big Shell, bluefish, red drum, hobbies,Manuel Z, Saltwater, Malaquite, beach, Bob Hall, port, Aransas, Corpus, Christi, Padre Island, surf, weights, spider weights, bait, 4X4, Pendulum, redfish, black drum, Spec, speck, speckled trout, blacktip, shark, tarpon, throw net, popping cork, tackle, tips n tricks, cuts, bars, guts, fishing calendar,
eel, gafftop, hardhead, croaker, net, driving, sand, slider, port aransas, mustang island, read, reading the surf, how to, how-to, how-to's"

I don't think there is a limit to how many keywords you can use but use everything and anything that has anything to do with your services. Use words like "screw, nail, butt joint,...etc"

It's cheaper just to make your own website by buying frontpage express and adding the above line with your keywords and paying a small monthly fee for someone to host your www.lawndart.com website.

But seems you are already comitted to them with the deposit. Maybe this info will help the next guy.

#11 ·
I'm not familiar with them but they are only going to ad a META line for keywords to your website to make it searchable by any and all search engines.

here is a sample of this from my fishing website... Note: it starts with a "<" and ends with a ">"

meta name="KeyWords" content="surf fishing page, surf, shore, beach, fishing, bank fishing, Big Shell, bluefish, red drum, hobbies,Manuel Z, Saltwater, Malaquite, beach, Bob Hall, port, Aransas, Corpus, Christi, Padre Island, surf, weights, spider weights, bait, 4X4, Pendulum, redfish, black drum, Spec, speck, speckled trout, blacktip, shark, tarpon, throw net, popping cork, tackle, tips n tricks, cuts, bars, guts, fishing calendar,
eel, gafftop, hardhead, croaker, net, driving, sand, slider, port aransas, mustang island, read, reading the surf, how to, how-to, how-to's"

I don't think there is a limit to how many keywords you can use but use everything and anything that has anything to do with your services. Use words like "screw, nail, butt joint,...etc"

It's cheaper just to make your own website by buying frontpage express and adding the above line with your keywords and paying a small monthly fee for someone to host your www.lawndart.com website.

But seems you are already comitted to them with the deposit. Maybe this info will help the next guy.
Frontpage hasn't been available for quite some time. You might find it on the resale stack somewhere at Half-Price Books. It also creates code that's an absolute mess. (I built my original site on FP.)

As for META tags.. they are only one part of optimization... and while you can fill them with as much junk as you want--if they don't relate to the content on the page it won't help you in the ranking game.

#4 ·
I use them and have been happy with the service from Shane. He was a contractor for over 20yrs and used the computer to market his construction business before people were really into them.

I had several conversations with him on ideas on how to market when I was 1st getting started. I also like the fact that they are 24hrs.

P.S. I do get leads from my website. You need to apply the techniques that he suggests (or outsource it) because just adding tags is not enough.

Feel free to contact me if you have more questions.

#7 ·
I use them and have been happy with the service from Shane. He was a contractor for over 20yrs and used the computer to market his construction business before people were really into them.

I had several conversations with him on ideas on how to market when I was 1st getting started. I also like the fact that they are 24hrs.

P.S. I do get leads from my website. You need to apply the techniques that he suggests (or outsource it) because just adding tags is not enough.

Feel free to contact me if you have more questions.
I spoke with him at great length about his construction experiences and he did have the Inside The Trenches understanding that a contractor can really appreciate.

As far as being gracious with his time, I can not speak highly enough about that, but it is my own time that has caused any delays, not much on their part.

They re-coded some plug-ins that I liked and made them part of their standard offerings now, which took a bit of extra time in the beginning to do the custom work and have the results come out right.

Talk about doing something that goes the extra mile for customer service.....:thumbsup:

I know several contractors who hired people for more than twice the price for standard template fill in the box type sites and it took them longer to work out minor issues.

Ed

#5 ·
They seem ok if you want to wait for months and have a really jumbled complicated website.
How much do they charge for this?
I use this company vipergraphics they have very good prices and work mostly with contractors. They know what they are doing.

#6 ·
That strikes me as so lame that the website developer has his own website, "Under Construction" when you click on that link to check them out.

They may do the most beautiful work and have a great value, but what a turn-off that is.

They also do seem to have a lot of nice ancillary services to go along with the website, but why don't they complete theirs, even partially first?

Ed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.