Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

World's Most Enthusiastic Installer

9K views 64 replies 31 participants last post by  The Coastal Craftsman 
#1 · (Edited)
Skip to 2:17 to see the man in action.

At first, I was sure he was joking. Personally, I would not mind having this level of energy. While his techniques are not commonplace, I have no doubt that this guy stays busy, getting jobs when others do not.

I think its fun to watch someone doing the job I do, but in a completely different mindset. Good job, George.

#15 ·
I understand the inclination to figure drugs into the equation. However, look closer; There is actual work being done. Plus, he is very fit. I just can not believe he could be a tweaker, despite the headlamp.

I wouldn't allow that idiot on a job with me.
I am guessing that his 'best work' is done when noone else is on the job.

#20 ·
From 5:39 and on is my favorite part. This guy truly loves what he does. When you find someone passionate about their work, you find someone that is really good at their work typically. They enjoy their work and have a great positive vibe about them. I would hire this guy in a minute. What a great online resume!!

#22 ·
Not I,

I'm guessing he's an avid martial artist or dancer (leaning toward martial artist, when he comes out of some of his "moves" his hands are at the ready) that decided to amuse himself making some videos while he's working.

I'm guessing on a normal day he looks as bored to tears as anyone laying a few hundred feet of laminate flooring.

#23 ·
George was just demonstrating he Zeal for his Life and how this Zeal can be applied to ALL things.

It is all part of the Gaia Theory/Concept.

That Everything is all part of One.

He was demonstrating the Chi, The flow, of the execution of a task.

The accompaning Music was Psy-Trance. A Musical Genre that I am deeply familiar with.

He is NOT a Tweeker or Meth-Head, but DMT may have played a part in his life at some time..................

#28 ·
The way the majority of those floors are racked out, I assure you they look like ****. If you are working with same length material it is impossible to stair-step half the floor like that without have a very repetitive pattern. Rookie work.
Speed is not the #1 priority on my jobs, nor should it be of anyone who claims to be a pro.

Reactions: finaltouchfloor
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.