Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know of a workmans comp company that gives good quotes to new companys I'm based in fl

·
Board&Pipe Stretcher
47 Posts
I have found, as well as my friends, that quickbooks is the best bet for new companies. You can pay as you go, instead of the huge outlay from the get go. Also with the pay as you go you don't have to worry about the huge outlay at the end if things *hopefully* go great and your payroll is more than you anticipated.

Quickbooks is by Intuit, you can find more information on their website.

Hope that helps!

Steve

·
Registered
230 Posts
#1) WC rates in florida are set by the state. All the companies will charge you the same rate.

#2) I called quickbooks a year ago and they said they don't write construction policies in FL (probably because it is set by the state).

#3) Absolute Pay Trust ( http://www.absolutepaytrust.com/ ) is who I went with. They are in Sarasota. They have an option to make your workers comp policy 'pay as you go' with payroll. I couldn't be more satisfied with them. I would strongly encourage you to call them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know someone who uses Applied Underwriters. They have a big setup fee but they have reasonable rates. Old school though, you fill out hours then fax and they send the check after 3-4 days.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts