Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
General Contractor
8,090 Posts
Here's an article from Professional Deck Builder Magazine I thought was informative. http://www.deckmagazine.com/insuran...=email&utm_campaign=PRD_112613&day=2013-11-26
Good article, I get audits every year and like they said the most important thing is to be ready and have all paper work, then its a breeze. It was also nice to see this article DeWalt Brings Some Power Tool Production Back to the U.S, maybe after all there is a light at the end of the tunnel, hopefully more companies will do that and bring the economy back home. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thank you so much for the info as come fist of the yea I will be bringing in my first couple of guys. But I do have a question. I have been in tge trads all my life however I am still in a learing process on some of the office stuff. Do u pay workman comp on your subs to? I know about the spliting up labor and materials from me being the sub. And I have all of my subs info.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Great timing, just got something in the mail from ins. Company. Our payroll estimate from paving guys from our audit were way off. Resulting in a 12k increase in the premium. We're going to have to make our foreman get a little more detailed in his time cards. We don't actually pave the entire time with all his guys, they do a lot of grading also. The difference in rates is about $3.50 per 100 so it's going to be well worth his efforts to itemize them. Guess that's why we pay him a salary instead of by the hour.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts