Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Ditto :Thumbs:

606's in the winter, 105's in the summer.
I plan to try these VIKING brand boots this winter

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Steel toe Redwings ( on 2nd set of soles)
Steel toe Wolverines (on 2nd set of soles)
Chippewas (newer)
:Thumbs:

·
Registered
262 Posts
mdshunk said:
Wesco's all the way, baby. Best pair of boots a man ever made. You can't wear 'em out.

md-

i think i saw a stripper wearing that style at a local "Gentlemen's Club" recently. lol and all that..

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Reef flip-flops. Sperry Topsiders for meetings.

·
DGR,IABD
9,683 Posts
Teetorbilt said:
Reef flip-flops. Sperry Topsiders for meetings.
Those are the special steel-toed flip flops, right?

I had a psychology prof in college who would wear a suit and tie with flip flops. That continues to seem odd to me, even after taking his course.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
My daughter (in Vienna) wears them until the snow gets too deep. I have missed the steel toed versions, they sound uncomfortable.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
I just noticed. Are those golf boots that Pipe wears?

·
...jammin
5,234 Posts
Timberland Pro Series, Titanium Toe, Power Fit

·
Registered
79 Posts
Always flip flops,seriously.The kind that strap around your toes and ankles,If it is commercial work then all OSHA.I just hate taking my shoes off after working all day in them I like my feet to breathe,and it looks cool :cool: ,.When I was driving truck for graebel van lines and united van I even moved furniture in sandals never smashed a toe(knock on wood). :D

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ppmc said:
Always flip flops,seriously.The kind that strap around your toes and ankles,If it is commercial work then all OSHA.I just hate taking my shoes off after working all day in them I like my feet to breathe,and it looks cool :cool: ,.When I was driving truck for graebel van lines and united van I even moved furniture in sandals never smashed a toe(knock on wood). :D
You are probably working on borrowed time without a foot accident. When I was in the service installing wing tanks on an F-4 Phantom , I had a missle loader drive over my foot. The steel toe shoes saved me from a serious foot injury. :Thumbs:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Been wearing hermans survivors cordura panel boots for many years now,these are now sold under the john deer brand. For the winter i have a pair of pac boots on hand ,but they are somewhat bulky for climbing ladders .

·
Registered
313 Posts
Timberland Pro series. No break-in blisters. The leather will rot off before the soles give out. A salesman gave 'em to me for free when he saw me walking around in Texas Steer's held together with duct tape. :cheesygri Next time I need boots, I'm going to buy them from him, Timberland Pro.

My son wears Diehard.

·
DGR,IABD
9,683 Posts
I saw three swimming pool installers working this afternoon in their bare feet. Didn't especially appeal to me. I had no trouble installing my bonding grid conductors and bond lugs while wearing boots, and I was out of there. Let them bare feet working guys have a ball.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts