Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, it happened....
Lucky for me burglars arent very smart...

They busted out my back passenger window because I left a DEWALT case visible. Problem is, the case has my paint brushes in it so when they grabbed it I guess it felt too light and they opened it and just tossed it under my truck. But, there are several PURDY brushes in there making the cases contents worth a lot more than the 12v drill that would have normally been in it... DUMBA$$E$! (I threw that drill away 2 years ago)

The day before I had unloaded my AIRLESS but left all the dirty drop cloths and buckets inside the truck covering my RIGID circular saw, Rigid Trim and Brad nailers and my Husky framing gun rigid orbital sander and 18v dewalt cordless drill. and a fold out box with all my electronics such as digital level and my PLS2 laser level (These 2 alone are almost $500) I guess when they opened the door and the light came on they saw the paint rollers drop cloths and buckets and figured it was (just) a painters truck. (No offense!)

Not to mention the idiot cut himself reaching through the broken glass instead of just opening the door.

I also noticed that my water jug was out next to the street by the curb... My tool pouch was next to the jug so why they didn't take it I don't know, maybe they got spooked.

I have since put in a sound and color video camera and hooked it to my 250GB DVR with an old COMMODORE 1702 monitor to keep an eye on my driveway. There is also a sign with a picture of my 357 Magnum that reads..
WARNING I SHOOT TO KILL (KILL written in drippy letters and there are 5 bullet holes on the poster) and in small print below "kill" it says "If you can read this, the next shot is for you."

AT MY HOME, THIS SIGN IS NOT A JOKE!

What sucks is I live in a pretty decent neighborhood and the only bad element that was ever here was the guy who lived in front of me a year ago. Dealing drugs and bringing a bad element into the neighborhood.

What I don't like about the monitor is that I can hear the frogs at my pond all night long and every time something sets off the light the monitor lights up my room.

I hope I never have to use my 357 Mag on anyone but you mess with my tools, you mess with my Family you must be shot! And by the way I only use magnum brass tipped hollow points it will not be pretty!

Only thing I could find missing was a package of animal cracker cookies???

~~~CHECK THIS OUT!!!~~~
TEXAS PENAL CODE
TITLE 2. GENERAL PRINCIPLES OF CRIMINAL RESPONSIBILITY
CHAPTER 9. JUSTIFICATION EXCLUDING CRIMINAL RESPONSIBILITY
SUBCHAPTER D. PROTECTION OF PROPERTY
Sec. 9.42. DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY. A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:

(1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.41; and

(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:

(A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or

(B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property; and

(3) he reasonably believes that:

(A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means; or

(B) the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.

Acts 1973, 63rd Leg., p. 883, ch. 399, Sec. 1, eff. Jan. 1, 1974. Amended by Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 900, Sec. 1.01, eff. Sept. 1, 1994.
Source(s):
http://tlo2.tlc.state.tx.us/statutes/doc…

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
No room for theives or back alley sales guys selling some cheap tools that some poor bastard just got ripped off from.

Mine's a Taurus .357 Mag. I preferr head shots:whistling

Attachments

·
Banned
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Mine is also a Taurus black with wooden handle... Carpenters use wood!

Mess with my truck at night (IN TEXAS) and die!

Did I mention I'm a Marksman? When qualifying for commision or renewing I always have a perfect score.

·
Registered
618 Posts
sorry to hear about your misfortunes and break-in. i'm in california and i wish the gun laws were more friendly like texas when it comes to property crimes. I just keep my stuff locked up so well they can take it but it will take a lot of work to get to it.

·
Banned
669 Posts
Sorry to hear about the break-in.... and I hope you never have to use that thing to protect your property ...

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Not good

Sorry to hear this. There is no thief lower than a tool thief,You lose your stuff and your ability to make a living.

MIKE

P>S> MZ If you're still planning to shorten those cabinet doors I'll give you a couple of suggestions, 847--651-8588 Mike

·
Lack Of All Trades
1,232 Posts
Only thing I could find missing was a package of animal cracker cookies???
I guess the burglars need to have a late night snack too...

Security lights are great to have surrounding your property. Also, on any windows of the vehicle-put wire weld guards over windows exposed, and get some hockey puck locks for your doors. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
You might want to think about an alarm, just make sure the motion sensor is adjustable so wind dosnt set it off.
They do still have ones that use the PIN switch which work good on tool boxes, fuel doors, and tailgates.

Might cost $200 but your ins should get a discount if you tell em its installed

·
Banned
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Thanks guys,

Mikeswoods: PM me about the cabinets, Still can't get ahold of the customer...

DARWIN: I have motion sensor security lights but I had ladders on my roof and the Dodge pick-up nosed up to the back of my work truck so they must have been able to sneak up the side without setting off the lights, I think when they messed with the front door they set off the security lights and took off.

Mrmac204: All my tools have my DL# and name on them, A legit Pawn shop can not buy or let you hock anything with DL# by law even if you can prove it's your stuff. At the Flea market, you can tell if it's just someone getting rid of tools they used to use or someone who stole the tools, I've reported sellers to flea market management when the tools being sold look too freshly used and look like they were recently being used for work. If tools got cobwebs on em I'll buy em for sure.

I don't shoot competitively, it's strictly for security purposes. I used to be a patrolman/Duty Officer for a long time. Worked every aspect of security from a guard, under cover, surveillance, parties, events, concerts, conventions, body guard, house sitting...and more. But no shooting for fun or sport (Not a hunter)

I have an alarm on my Chopper, just procrastinating because I have to take the bike all apart to remove the system to transfer it to my truck. I may just buy a new one. (GOOD IDEA!)

Again thanks for the concern!
I was just venting, it happened a week ago. to the day. SUN night MON morn.

·
Registered
810 Posts
MZ, where did you get your surveillance system from? I am looking into one for my house. I have looked at several online but it gets a little bit overwhelming. Any suggestions on what to look for?
rj

1 - 18 of 18 Posts