Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Stud
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always thought about including work history/resume on bigger jobs I'm pricing where the client may not be familiar with my work. I kind of compare this with landscapers having a book w/ pictures of different type walls or landscaping they have done. That really doesn't work with site work.

I understand most people only care about the cheapest price. I usually don't get work from them anyways. Years ago I had to fill out work history/resume with references to show that I experince in sewer & water work. I would be using it as my template. Thoughts?

·
Dig with BIG TOYS
133 Posts
I've always thought about including work history/resume on bigger jobs I'm pricing where the client may not be familiar with my work. I kind of compare this with landscapers having a book w/ pictures of different type walls or landscaping they have done. That really doesn't work with site work.

I understand most people only care about the cheapest price. I usually don't get work from them anyways. Years ago I had to fill out work history/resume with references to show that I experince in sewer & water work. I would be using it as my template. Thoughts?
sounds like a solid idea... i use it for when im bidding a landscaping or masonry job... site prep is an intersting idea though cause i mean looking at pictures of pipe in a trench, not exactically sure how that would go over... mabby if it was a really large job with a couple of miles of trench, i actually had pics taken overhead once of a large plot of land we cleared... about 150 acres, and along with ground pics ive gotten a good deal of work off that. Mabby, just an idea of course it be better to have customers write you a letter of recomendation and you could put those together in a book, some of the big chains ive done work for like kohls and best buy have done that no problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts