Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to get on the list for doing energy upgrades (like windows) for govt. subsidy to low income people? I had thought these projects were out of funds from budget issues but apparently not. Recently in our town I heard second hand that the government is covering the cost of window replacements. Don't you know I'd like to be on that list but not sure who to contact?
Ideas? :thumbsup:
Thanks...............

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
no! and...I'd rather STARVE than help people MOOTCH off the gov't...I bet you have to wait for your MONEY
Depending on the program available.

I've done some of these and the only downside is they take the lowest bidder,unless HO wants to pay the difference in costs to get their choice.

Check with the Town Hall,and ask for gov.subsidized programs.
Money is available after progress inspections,and doesn't take long as it is usually in a local account.

They are used for used for low-income property and there are usually liens placed on the property to replemish the funds once house changes hands.
So the money becomes available for more projects down the road.

Good program as it usually helps a lot of older people living on fixed incomes,not actually a gov.sink hole,more of an economic stimulus for qualifying areas.

·
Curmudgeon
11,706 Posts
no! and...I'd rather STARVE than help people MOOTCH off the gov't...I bet you have to wait for your MONEY
:laughing::laughing::laughing:
:lol::laughing::lol:

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's one way to look at it but real life is here boys. Stop and think how many people are indirectly supported by the govt. Farmers, Bankers, food stamps, food banks, auto makers, construction companies doing work on govt. projects, the list goes on and on, I think you get the point. I like to have at least 2 meals a day down here in Missouri. I've heeerd you guys are pretty tough up there in Alaska. How long can you live without food. :eek: Are there any islands available up there out of the reach of the US govt.???
Lets go................
Some other yahoo is gonna come in my town and take my jobs away, I'm gonna do something about it!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Stop and think how many people are indirectly supported by the govt.
Its all over the place...govt is one of the two largest employers in this state. The feds own 90% of the land in that state. But..it's still like heaven compared to INDIANA. :clap:

·
Curmudgeon
11,706 Posts
Its all over the place...govt is one of the two largest employers in this state. The feds own 90% of the land in that state. But..it's still like heaven compared to INDIANA. :clap:
Yup, the government doesn't send us
subsidy checks for just breathing.
Every one in Alaska seems to get one.
Just thought that made this statement
rather amusing.

...I'd rather STARVE than help people MOOTCH off the gov't...I bet you have to wait for your MONEY

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
yes...as i expected...an assertion based in ignorance about the APFD fund, what it's for and who gets it.
The money that Alaskans get in the PFD is not from taxes paid by anyone. It is the procedes from an investment fund established constitutionally from an initial investment deposit from mineral revenue in the state. Alaska is, I believe, the only state in the union where in the minerals in the ground are not conveyed with the ownership of the property. Because of this the pfd fund was established for several purposes one of which is to fund government and remunerate residents for the minerals in the ground on the property benieth our feet.
The pfd isnt government money nor does it come out of the pockets of citizens of alaska or..any other state.

Now don't you feel silly?

·
Sophisticated Siding Guy.
528 Posts
I'd go work at HD before I started doing this type of work. Seriously just imagine the working conditions and that's enough for me.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Similarly I was asked to install windows and doors in anchorage at Davis-Bacon wages ($50.63/hr) as part of a FAA noise abatement program near the anchorage airport. But it was too far away and only 30 days work so I blew it off. I was also skeptical that I would be paid in a timely manner.

·
Curmudgeon
11,706 Posts
yes...as i expected...an assertion based in ignorance about the APFD fund, what it's for and who gets it.
The money that Alaskans get in the PFD is not from taxes paid by anyone. It is the procedes from an investment fund established constitutionally from an initial investment deposit from mineral revenue in the state. Alaska is, I believe, the only state in the union where in the minerals in the ground are not conveyed with the ownership of the property. Because of this the pfd fund was established for several purposes one of which is to fund government and remunerate residents for the minerals in the ground on the property benieth our feet.
The pfd isnt government money nor does it come out of the pockets of citizens of alaska or..any other state.

Now don't you feel silly?
Not particularly.

·
Curmudgeon
11,706 Posts
Well good...when you are coughing up your 3.4% state income tax think of me laughing at you as I deposit my $2610.00 this October.
This concerns me more.
"Federal spending supports a third of all Alaskan jobs, according to the Institute for Social and Economic Research at the University of Alaska in Anchorage."

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
This concerns me more.
"Federal spending supports a third of all Alaskan jobs, according to the Institute for Social and Economic Research at the University of Alaska in Anchorage."
EXACTLY! because the FED OWNS 90% of the state! and the FED is the second largest EMPLOYER in the state..why you ask?? because of stupid a**ed govt programs like WEATHERIZATION programs which is WHAT I SAID! WHAT PART DON'T YOU GET? The problem isn't ALASKA...the problem is THE FEDERAL GOVENMENT doing crap they aren't supposed to be doing! So I complain about helping people MOOTCH off the government and take a stand against it but you laugh and point a crooked finger at me with an ignorant remark about the PFD which ISN'T federal or state money or from taxes of ANY kind.

·
Curmudgeon
11,706 Posts
EXACTLY! because the FED OWNS 90% of the state! and the FED is the second largest EMPLOYER in the state..why you ask?? because of stupid a**ed govt programs like WEATHERIZATION programs which is WHAT I SAID! WHAT PART DON'T YOU GET? The problem isn't ALASKA...the problem is THE FEDERAL GOVENMENT doing crap they aren't supposed to be doing! So I complain about helping people MOOTCH off the government and take a stand against it but you laugh and point a crooked finger at me with an ignorant remark about the PFD which ISN'T federal or state money or from taxes of ANY kind.
Right, it is money you earned. :thumbsup:
You get the last word too.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts