Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anyone recommend a source for good work boots. Somebody on another thread was talking about work gloves, and I went to the site and ordered a pair of Ironclad Extreme Duty Gloves. They are expensive, but I hope they will perform well for this project I'm going to be working on forthe next couple years. They don't carry boots, though. So, I need some advice on a good product that will perform well, and last for a few years.

·
General Contractor
1,035 Posts
What type of boot? Warm weather, cold weather?
My personal favorite is Whites. They have 3 levels of boot - Hawthorn (walking, light duty), Buffalo (working, heavy duty), Whites (super heavy duty). You can send them an outline of your foot and a couple dimensions and they will make a pair of boots for you. Comfortable, break-in in days, and my current pair of Buffalos is on their 10th year - been resoled 4 times.
They run $200 and up. They may even have an insulated version now too.
If that's too expensive then I would go with Justin Workboots - very comfortable and fairly durable. Should get about 2 years on a pair @ $129.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I met a guy the other day that was wearing a pair of 'Bushwacker"s by Viking. He gave me the Bailey's catalogue that he ordered them from and I'm probably going to get a pair next fall. Bushwacker boot by Viking

Otherwise, I like Red Wing shoes. This around the site when it's dry

and this for off-site work

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
I have been buying Father&Sons. They make a good, lightweight boot with steel toes, the best news is that getting them in 13 EEE is not a problem. The toes are comfortable too.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Teetorbilt said:
I have been buying Father&Sons. They make a good, lightweight boot with steel toes, the best news is that getting them in 13 EEE is not a problem. The toes are comfortable too.
Teetor, I couldn't find Father&Sons work boots on the net. Do you have their website?

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Let me look around, I haven't bought a pair in years. Sometimes it takes a little while for they grey matter to kick in.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
cdac, That must be quite a commute from Philly. :cheesygri

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Good man! Back to boots.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
cdac, one was an attempt at a funny. 'Good man!' was for putting your family first. The last was so that the thread stayed on track.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts