Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you may remember, I had posted a project 6 months ago with Mullican Castalian series,wire brushed and limed.
Second phase of the project involved 2600 sq,ft floors and 30 steps.
Making the treads look like prefinished floors was not easy. I could not able to make poly finish despite several experiments.
First wire brush the treads and stain almost solid brown color, then using liming wax to fill grains and wash excessive wax with mineral spirits, wax again.Turned out pretty close.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
It is clear you are a talented contractor, but someone needs to tell your installer not to stack joints as in the last pick. One of my pet peeves. very cool process tho.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
By the way, at post#2 the carpenter still trying to figure out to wrap the stringers and base at that one side open treads, I pointed my opinion, but we will see.
Yes I have seen that staking 3 rows, but it was just one of two in 2600 sf, so it is acceptable.

·
Wood Craftsman
7,324 Posts
Finished stringer trim wrap extends beyond the tread return ..............

Should have been cut off: the bottom side of the wrap butting up against the tread return edge....

But,...

Looks good, don't care for the type of wood, but - that's just me..

B,JMPOV ....

·
Focusing on solutions.
Hardwood floors/custom cabinets
5,781 Posts
The match look professional, well done sir. The wood itself, definately not to my taste.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts