Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend helping me was actually snapping pictures the other day so I figured I would post them up.

We did two sets of bluestone steps, I will be finishing the porch off with snapped veneer soon, if the weather climbs out of the teens for a few days.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Going to tent it in?
Going to have to, the steps and footers are currently wrapped up tight with electric blankets and concrete blankets, they are probably cured by now.

It has been getting brutal cold here at night though, down around zero.

Even with the blankets and the heaters I am terrified of my mud freezing overnight, I would like it to jump back up a little bit before getting after it.

Usually this time of year the overnights are in the 20's.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Supposed to be up to 50 by Saturday. I am doing my best to light a fire under my help so we can get a huge chunk done while the weather is playing nice.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Here's my latest.

Pouring the slab today and covering with hay.
Monday these go in.

All dry laid so no tent. Getting the truck out after setting them is my only concern. Supposed to get into the 40s-50s this weekend and could cause a muddy mess. We're not even shoveling a path for the truck untill Monday to try and keep the ground frozen. My just leave the 6" of snow and drive through it.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Now I don't feel so bad, looks like you have the same weather as us.

I am hustling as fast as I can under the tent hoping the weather keeps in the 30's for the next week or so.

While complaining about the weather I somehow managed to book two more jobs this week.

I am taking Febuary off though, at least some of it. I want to spend some time home with my kid.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Been raining and warm for 2 days, on a long shot tried to get the boom truck guy in, stupid idea. He was stuck within 10' of the road. Pulled him out with my old rig (smelled a little clutch in the process) paid him for his time and he took the load back. I need to call him when the ground is good and frozen.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts