Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Carpe Diem
20,717 Posts
Very nice!

Was it a kit or did you make everything yourself?

Were you involved in the entire room or just the millwork?

·
Journeyman
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
No Kit. A lot of jigs and production. This one was custom. I had the casing and crown milled for me though. I also did the door and had a window producer make the insulated double glazed panel for the door.

·
Journeyman
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Actually I left them a really nice bottle in the rack for the reveal. I asked them early in the project, during a casual conversation what the best bottle they had in the last 5 years was and tracked down a bottle for them. It was over $300 but it was worth it to see the surprised look on there faces. They completely forgot that they had told me that info. The irony is that I do not even like wine. ;) When they fill that thing up the cost of the wine will make the cost of the room seem cheap. It will hold over 2000 bottles!

·
Carpe Diem
20,717 Posts
We've had a few posts about conditioner units for these cellars. Do you know what kind was chosen for this one? Also, what kind of lighting is being used?

I had bid on building one over the summer and the expert we used to help spec it out recommended using redwood. :thumbup:

·
Journeyman
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
The cooling unit is by whisper cool with an in bottle thermostat.

Halogen pots in the ceiling all on dimmers and zoned. There are led rope lights hidden behind the racks above the display rack at chest height to provide effect. All the pots are on dimmers. The smell is amazing and the redwood is very stable and the grain is tight. Good to work with but a rare resource. The wood I sources was savaged though and not cut from an old growth stand.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts