Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the pendant lights in Gus' "another white kitchen" and it reminded me of the lights we made for a recent basement. The owner had seen these somewhere on-line and requested we make some up for her. Turned out looking pretty cool.

Since these pics were taken we added third light in the middle that is raised a bit higher to create a contrast.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,965 Posts
OK, stupid electricians need to know:
How did you do that
Is the bottom open
Where are the UL stickers
Did you cut the bottle
How did you cut the bottle
ETC.

That's cool!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RS,

They were very easy to make. First we drank the wine and then sat around the next day with a hang over.

We used a tile saw to cut the bottoms off and a dremel with a sanding stone to smooth out the bottom. For quick and easy we used a pendant kit from Lowe's but didn't buy the pendant glass.

Took the pendant apart and fed the cord back through the top of the bottle and wired to the ceiling box. The bottle rest down over the top of the pendant base (UL sticker still attached). To change out the bulb, just lift the bottle for easy access.

Homeowner and all the neighbors love it and we already have another client that wants them for a wine bar/cellar we are planning.

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
im stealing it too:thumbup:
years back they had a kit so you could make glasses and such from bottles,had a diamond wheel that you spun the bottle against

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thieves! Just kidding.

I posted it specifically to give the idea to others - just like I am trying desperately to find somewhere to use Gus' marble inlaid sink idea - hope Gus doesn't mind :whistling.

I'll give full credit for the idea to you Gus - something tells me we are not in the same market since its easily 2500 miles apart.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts