Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Finish Carpenter
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys.. I know this question has been asked numerous times. Here it goes.. I am building a house (personal) and I want the best windows. I hear Anderson is living on its name. Marvin makes some windows out of "Ultrex" I know they make awsome wood windows but a little apprehensive with this material as I have not heard good or bad. Supposed to be like vinyl but a lot stronger and withstands the expanding and contracting. So I was thinking maybe Pella windows... Not sure.. any suggestions ?

THanks
Dan :)

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
The Marvin integrety windows, wihch are the ones made out of fiberglass cladding (still wood framed) are good windows. I've installed quite a few of them over the years and no complaints. Theya re better for new construction than remodeling because they are ONLY available in standard sizes.

·
Finish Carpenter
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Grumpy said:
The Marvin integrety windows, wihch are the ones made out of fiberglass cladding (still wood framed) are good windows. I've installed quite a few of them over the years and no complaints. Theya re better for new construction than remodeling because they are ONLY available in standard sizes.

Thanks for the info grumpy... I am going to look into pella, if I dont like pella, I guess I will settle for Andersons...

Thanks

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Pella makes a good product. The thing about Pella I dislike is that you have two choices to buy their product... 1) from a big box where you never get your order quite right. 2) from a local distributor where they have such a back log it takes a week to get your price quote. Neither option is acceptable to me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts