Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anderson make replacement windows? If not what could I recomend my customer use? Customer insists on anderson windows but does not want to put in new construction window. She wants replacement windows so she doesn't have to worry about changing siding or changing bedroom windows to egress.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
www.andersonwindows.com

My first thought is that anderson makes only new construction windows, but I may be wrong. I suggest sending Anderson an e-mail directly.

Assuming Anderson does not make replacement style windows you really have two options. A) "Mr. Customer we can not do your windows. You insist on Anderson, yet you insist on replacement style only. Anderson doesn't make replacement style windows" B) cut the nailing flange off the window and do some custom interior trims to make the new construction windows fit like a replacement.

If it were me, I'd e-mail anderson to make sure, then print Anderson's response and show it to the customer and choose option A. I'd also suggest some other high quality replacement windows like Simonton.

Why does the customer want Anderson only? I'm willing to bet somewhere they heard anderson makes a good window and are now making an uneducated decision based on that comment. I hate when this happens.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Grumpy said:
www.andersonwindows.com

My first thought is that anderson makes only new construction windows, but I may be wrong. I suggest sending Anderson an e-mail directly.

Assuming Anderson does not make replacement style windows you really have two options. A) "Mr. Customer we can not do your windows. You insist on Anderson, yet you insist on replacement style only. Anderson doesn't make replacement style windows" B) cut the nailing flange off the window and do some custom interior trims to make the new construction windows fit like a replacement.

If it were me, I'd e-mail anderson to make sure, then print Anderson's response and show it to the customer and choose option A. I'd also suggest some other high quality replacement windows like Simonton.

Why does the customer want Anderson only? I'm willing to bet somewhere they heard anderson makes a good window and are now making an uneducated decision based on that comment. I hate when this happens.
I don't know why they only want anderson, but I'm willing to bet your right, they heard it somewhere. Anyway, thanx for the advice. I will look into Simonton replacement windows to find out where I could purchase them near me. I've never used them.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Simonton is the same window Sears and Home Depot, and a few other big box stores, sells for their installed services window. They move large volume so are able to private label the windows with their own brand name, but basically the same window.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Does anderson make replacement windows? If not what could I recomend my customer use? Customer insists on anderson windows but does not want to put in new construction window. She wants replacement windows so she doesn't have to worry about changing siding or changing bedroom windows to egress.
Yes they do. The only problem is that they wont let you install them. They have a side company called "Renewal by Anderson." They sell a composite window made out of a material that they call "fibrex" its supposed to be a wood/vinyl hybrid. From what I have seen at home shows and at 1 customer's house the "renewal" windows are not held to the same quality control standards as their wood windows. They are somewhat good looking though. One other draw back is that they ask for $800-$1200 per window in my area and im sure its more in others.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts