Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
President
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Windows98se requires a total of 27 files to run. Don't expect a successful reboot.

Windows XP requires over 1500

I have dealt with computers and their faults for over 10 years. Both Mac and PC

I build my own PCs

Thruogh my time, I have discovered some caveats.

1) windows, unlike Mac is extremely complex, over engineered of you will.
2) macs work til you try to mess with it. Then it throws a temper tantrum and crashes.

A couple things I have learned....

A new install of windows doesn't always fix the problem. Windows, doesn't always install itself correctly, and will have stabilization issues.

This can be resolved by reinstalling windows, AGAIN!

I know this by running benchmarks.. Programs designed to stress the stability of your computer.

If it fails, or gets really low FPS. As in frames per second, windows is not installed correctly. There is no fix for this except reinstalling windows. I believe most problems regarding the windows OS can be rooted back to this.

I have seen it first hand. Installing XP on a shaky system, having errors, running benchmarks, particularly 3d mark 2001 results In low FPS. A problem OS...

Reinstall the OS, a 50/50 chance you'll luck out.. Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

The problem exists in win7 as well. But 3d mark 2001 doesn't work under 7 64bit...the problem still exists...

Windows doesn't always install correctly.. So if you have a problem that won't go away, you may have a windows installation problem...

Just a FYI:clap:

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Windows98se requires a total of 27 files to run. Don't expect a successful reboot.

Windows XP requires over 1500

I have dealt with computers and their faults for over 10 years. Both Mac and PC

I build my own PCs

Thruogh my time, I have discovered some caveats.

1) windows, unlike Mac is extremely complex, over engineered of you will.
2) macs work til you try to mess with it. Then it throws a temper tantrum and crashes.

A couple things I have learned....

A new install of windows doesn't always fix the problem. Windows, doesn't always install itself correctly, and will have stabilization issues.

This can be resolved by reinstalling windows, AGAIN!

I know this by running benchmarks.. Programs designed to stress the stability of your computer.

If it fails, or gets really low FPS. As in frames per second, windows is not installed correctly. There is no fix for this except reinstalling windows. I believe most problems regarding the windows OS can be rooted back to this.

I have seen it first hand. Installing XP on a shaky system, having errors, running benchmarks, particularly 3d mark 2001 results In low FPS. A problem OS...

Reinstall the OS, a 50/50 chance you'll luck out.. Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

The problem exists in win7 as well. But 3d mark 2001 doesn't work under 7 64bit...the problem still exists...

Windows doesn't always install correctly.. So if you have a problem that won't go away, you may have a windows installation problem...

Just a FYI:clap:
Sorry to tell you but a ****ty FPS is either because you goofed and didn't install the correct drivers for your video card or because your video card sucks ass.

If you are getting that many errors installing an OS I would start looking at the hard drive for errors and not the OS. I have done hundreds of installs for both Windows XP and Windows 7.

If you are having stabilization issues it is likely a driver issue or a component which is about to fail.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts