Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Construction
36 Posts
Anyone installing it? Also what are the odds that QuickBooks Desktop 2019 will be compatible?

Mike.
___
Odds are Quickbooks will work fine.

The big issue of compatibility is more about hardware then any software you're running.

Make sure 100% your machine is compatible BEFORE trying to upgrade as they have changed some fundamental things in the underlying system that make it picky on hardware.
If you have a machine that's made in the last three years you should be fine, older ones can be hit-or-miss.

As far as Quickbooks we use the cloud version so no difference there.
But as far as I'm aware there haven't been software compatibility issues as the OS itself is very similar, not a big change other than cosmetics.

I've been running 11 the last couple months on release preview as I'm IT here and like to be ahead and see issues that are coming.

I like the interface, it's cleaned up a bunch. Like mentioned earlier it's "Mac like" in feel.
Under the hood it's much the same as Win 10, seems to work the same (both the good and the bad).

·
Registered
Construction
36 Posts
I was on a preview build since July without issue. No problems with any programs.

You might have to turn on TPM in your bios.
It's my understanding it's really picky about TPM implimentation, so even if you have the hardware there's no guarntee it will work with what you got.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts