Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not to be negative, but while there is some good information on that site, there is also a good bit of questionable and incorrect information as well.

Not new to the site, just been gone awhile and I had to reregister, so back to zero..

·
Design Build
8,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ha. When you start a sentence with “not to be negative”, you’re being negative.

But that’s OK, I’m that way as a default setting.
Just look at the pictures.

I found that site because I was looking for the proper name for a “garden window“ because I had to deal with one at an as built. I had no idea what to refer to it as. I found their PDF infographic to be pretty useful.

If you don’t need it ignore it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah I could have worded that better, but I did say first off that there was some good information on the site meaning primarily the chart of window styles. My intention was to comment specifically on some of the "facts" that they used when discussing window information, not on the chart or the post in general.

"Do you know the 27 different styles of windows? We list them all..." Not sure where they came up with 27 as being all possible window types since I immediately thought of three more that they didn't mention - tilt/turn, accordion, and French casement, and I disagree with several of their "types" (dormer window is a type?).

·
Registered
4 Posts

View attachment 516321
I absolutely love this visual infographic you have made about the different types of standard and non-standard windows you might find installed on a home! I would love to use this for an article we wrote about standard window sizes as we discuss many of the same window types such as casement and awning windows and their standard sizes!

·
Registered
12,982 Posts

You forgot burned by bark ignited by embers used to smoke fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh yeah. I tried to order some of those, but they were out of stock. Can't get any until fish smoking season is over.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts