Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been searching the whole internet looking for a Pizza cutter style tool for taking out an old window pane for replacement of a new one. Basically the tool is used in cutting the double sided sticky tape that holds the window in place. Yes you can use a longer utility knife and do this but I was after the proper tool. Does anyone know of one of these and where I can purchase one?

Thanks
Chris :rolleyes:

·
Registered
55 Posts
I do know what you are talking about. I also work at a Home Improvement store( not HD or Lowes!) and have one there that was given to me by the manufacturer. Maybe you could contact the manufacturer of the windows you deal with to get one. Before I got the tool I used my 5in1 tool. Worked just as good.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Are you still interested in the tool? My company is going out of business and I have no need for it now.

·
Old Guy
76 Posts

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
A Fein Multimaster and mushroom blade works great. I had the pizza cutter thing (C.R.Lawrence), but Fein is the way to go.

I use a Fein SuperCut with this blade http://www.amazon.com/Fein-6-39-03-...f=sr_1_70?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1281663739&sr=1-70 I spray the glass with diluted dish soap.

I can deglaze just about any window in under five minutes.....
What is the purpose of the dw detergent, lubrication?

I used a heat gun and 5 in 1 or putty knife to do some of mine at home.

·
Window dude
8 Posts
windows

This tool is impossible to find as I have looked in every small hardware shop from Concord to San Francisco, forget it. Most tools i use for windows I make myself now.

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
I may take one of my scraper blades for my multi tool and fashion something to remove glazing and caulk. I have some caulk I need to remove from around my tub. I also have more windows to do. Seems it would beat a 5 in 1 or utility knife.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts