Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting an estimate together for a customer that want various things done-one of which is a window heat pump. I know squat about them and wanted to see what I can find out about them before I call for a couple of estimates from local HVAC guys.The unit would go into a finished attic window, floor square footage is 325. The wall/window is 18inches thick with masonry(it used to be a pepco(electric substation) before being turned into a house. Do these units just plug in? Can they bo ordered to fit any window? Any advice is appriciated.

·
Working
4,127 Posts
They are like a window ac unit look the same and just run off of 110v super easy install.
The thickness of the wall might be a problem. Most have side vents. Just google it tons of options.

Cole

·
Registered
201 Posts
Most manufacturers are a standand size - rough opening 16"x26.5" - maximum wall thickness 16 3/8". When ordering the wall sleave and exterior grill are extra (once installed just replace inner unit). I have installed 2 Amana units this spring - Note: Amana is about $1000 less than a Trane. So far they have done a good job and I have had no call backs. Here is a link to a spec sheet if that helps. http://www.amana-ptac.com/Portals/3/PTAC/PDF/TTW Spec Sheet.pdf

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. I went out yesterday to look around for one and get info on them. Sounds like an easy install but the thickness of the wall I think will be the main issue to overcome. Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts