Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried to price match a product from a supply house with Lowes or Home Depot?

IHL a tool supply house stocks the DW919 Spotlight 18V for 18 dollars where as lowes stocks its for 62.

I was wondering if anyone has done anything like this before and were successful.

·
Repair/Remodeling Tech.
1,645 Posts
Why would you want to?

But, my guess is they would...esp. if it's a local supply house.

"I can get this there for $18......so I'd like to get it HERE for $18................................or I can leave. 5.....4.....3.....2.... "

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why would you want to?

But, my guess is they would...esp. if it's a local supply house.

"I can get this there for $18......so I'd like to get it HERE for $18................................or I can leave. 5.....4.....3.....2.... "
Well the lowes and home depot here pricematch and beat by 10% so if I can take advantage of it, it is great. If I am not happy with it, I have 90 days hassle free return policy.

However, the more important part is the supply house has a 15% restocking fee if I'm not happy with it, 30 day return policy, plus closes early and I can't make it before it closes.

·
Registered
494 Posts
As a former Lowe's manager, I can tell you that Lowe's policy specifically states that they do not match supply houses, but depending on which boobie in a blue vest you happen to grab when you go in, they may not know this, or may not care. I can tell you that on the rare occasions where I agreed to match a supply house, I threw the extra 10% out the window because it would have taken my selling price below my cost, and I would have been drawn and quartered the next day by my boss.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As a former Lowe's manager, I can tell you that Lowe's policy specifically states that they do not match supply houses, but depending on which boobie in a blue vest you happen to grab when you go in, they may not know this, or may not care. I can tell you that on the rare occasions where I agreed to match a supply house, I threw the extra 10% out the window because it would have taken my selling price below my cost, and I would have been drawn and quartered the next day by my boss.
This is very good to know. I know when something is on clearance they will do the price match but not the 10%, cause I've tried with my drill & impact combo kit.

·
Registered
593 Posts
renov8r said:
Well the lowes and home depot here pricematch and beat by 10% so if I can take advantage of it, it is great. If I am not happy with it, I have 90 days hassle free return policy. However, the more important part is the supply house has a 15% restocking fee if I'm not happy with it, 30 day return policy, plus closes early and I can't make it before it closes.
It's an 18 dollar light. It turns on and off. What's there to test out and decide if you're happy with it? Even if you for some reason don't like it and do return it, you're only out 2.70.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.