Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Will a lift reach this?

8923 98
Im soon going to be changing out the Fascia on my home to Windsor One. What equipment will reach the fascia on this upper gable, or should I just suck it up and go with scaffolding?
1 - 20 of 99 Posts
Maybe a snorkel?
Articulating Boom Lift.

Looks like a 35-40 footer would do it.

The time you will save over scaffolding or ladders will amaze you.

40 years ago I would probably done it while hanging on to the roof with my toes.....:laughing:
Reactions: Jaws and Calidecks
Definitely a boom
Reactions: brhokel606
There are old guys and bold guys but there are no old bold guys! :laughing:
Articulating Boom Lift.

Looks like a 35-40 footer would do it.

The time you will save over scaffolding or ladders will amaze you.

40 years ago I would probably done it while hanging on to the roof with my toes.....:laughing:
Reactions: JT Wood
A ladder...? Or am I missing something? lol. We have one of the adjustable ladders that I'd set up step style with one end lower than the other.
We both must be missing something. I'd go ladders with stage.
A ladder...? Or am I missing something? lol. We have one of the adjustable ladders that I'd set up step style with one end lower than the other.
It's not a problem doing it, I've done my fair share of fascia, I just don't want to work too hard doing it. I want to be as lazy as I possibly can.
Hire a pro to do the job. :laughing:
Reactions: m1911
As Griz pointed out, a lift is much easier faster and safer. I don't care about the price.
you're right, price means nothing when you're lying in the hospital in a full body cast. :laughing:
As Griz pointed out, a lift is much easier faster and safer. I don't care about the price.
did I mention I hate heights?
Or you get up the next morning to sore to move....:laughing::laughing:
you're right, price means nothing when you're lying in the hospital in a full body cast. :laughing:
Reactions: m1911
If price isn't important hire someone else.:whistling
I don't want someone else to do it.
If price isn't important hire someone else.:whistling
Reactions: Jaws and m1911
I'm not doing it myself to save money, it's my home, I don't trust anyone. It's just the way I am.
I don't want someone else to do it.
It's not your daughter, it's just a house.
I'm not doing it myself to save money, it's my home, I don't trust anyone. It's just the way I am.
Reactions: WarnerConstInc.
I'm the same way. POS plumber butchered my studs! :censored:
Doesn't matter its my house
It's not your daughter, it's just a house.
1 - 20 of 99 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.