Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I have had a 28 degree clipped head strip nailer. I have 2 questions. One is it says to use wire weld strips. Can you use strips that are put together with paper? Also can a clipped head nailer shoot full round head nails?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To everyone that has commented so far non of you are any help and have not answered the questions. Reason for asking these question is so I don't need that first aid kit

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Hello all. I have had a 28 degree clipped head strip nailer. I have 2 questions. One is it says to use wire weld strips. Can you use strips that are put together with paper? Also can a clipped head nailer shoot full round head nails?
What kind is it?

·
I'm The BOSS
1,904 Posts
Just a tip for you.

Everything in life comes with instructions or directions.

We don't know the brand, model # or type of nails your messing with.

OH, WAIT. there is one thing in life that DOESN"T come with instructions.

. . . .
.woman

·
Registered
551 Posts
I can't see a legitimate reason why you can't use paper bound nail strips. I bet the brand of gun you only makes wire collated nails, that's the only reason I can see they would recommend that.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Will my coil framing nailer shoot 28 degree welded clipped head nails?

Reactions: Metro M & L

·
Registered
551 Posts
Bostitch makes a few clipped head framing nailers that shoot both clipped and round. So if your gun is yellow, you may be in luck.
(actually, you are not in luck, bostitch guns kinda suck)

·
Pro
2,138 Posts
Paton32 said:
Not even once.

Mr Wizard has an experiment for you though:

Put the paper collated nails in your strip framing nailer and pull the trigger.

Do you have a hypothesis as to what may happen?

Let me give you another important variable in this experiment.

The paper collated nails are set at 30 degrees. Knowing this would you still think it will fire?

I'll tell you exactly what will happen.

The driver blade on your stick nailer will sheer the top front of the head off of the nail, and the driver blade will become stuck between the nail throat port and the shank of the nail.

More than likely, you will drive the nail halfway though the bottom part of the magazine sleeve.

Get out the Allen wrenches now, and a pair of side cutters, and a long thin screw driver.

( and unplug the gun from the air hose before you start working to clear that jamb).

·
Registered
551 Posts
OP, for what it's worth .... It's a good question.
They make 28 degree clipped head framing nails for strip\stick nailers.
They do make clipped head framing nailers that shoot full head nails as well as clipped.

·
Love me some Concrete
1,834 Posts
Brand and model #, look up info on manu web site. That is the only way you will really know.

I would not do it, I have 2 different types of nailers and the nails are not interchangable, I would not try either, not worth it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts