Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
I am looking for advice on enabling comments to wp pages.

Also looking to figure out how to include pages on the wp related posts widget..

Thanks in advance!
You want settings->discussions

You have to associate the posts via tags or catagories and the plugin will do the rest. There is a much more technical related post plugin, also used for ads but it made my head explode so I tossed it. Im sure its not what your looking for.

·
Super Moderator
11,332 Posts

·
Non-conformist
1,581 Posts
Matt, in addition to just activating the comments, I strongly suggest a couple other settings. Check the box to require approved comments before they get posted. This prevents comment spam from going live without your approval. Once real people get approved, their future comments will go live right away.

Also, activate the setting to automatically close comments on posts after a certain number of days. How many is up to you, but spammers love to comment on old posts hoping it will escape your attention.

I also recommend the Better WordPress Security plugin. WP has a lot of vulnerabilities and this plugin will help you close them. The plugin has some nice anti spam features as well. I recommend activating the Default Banned List and using the Banned Users feature to block spammers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.